8 November 2011, 11:07,
Nat Geo documentary on preppers
find an hour and watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaxjfQheNes

8 November 2011, 11:51,
RE: Nat Geo documentary on preppers
(8 November 2011, 11:07)NorthernRaider Wrote: find an hour and watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaxjfQheNes

It was on tv earlier in the year, well worth a watch.

I doubt the woman would have been too impressed when the film cuts to an outside shot of her home, they might as well have just put her address in the credits, though I suppose when you appear in a program like that you are giving up your annonymity anyway. The group in the rural location seemed to have pretty much everything sorted, thats the type of neighbours I would like Smile

Worth a watch and it also doesn't make everyone out to be a loon for a change
8 November 2011, 12:07,
Thats what I mean by attitudes seem to be changing from the media. Before it was nutters, now a bit more simpathetic.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 November 2011, 12:33,
Attitudes towards us are indeed changing, some view us in a more sympathetic way, but for others scorn is being replaced by jelousy, and that worries me even more.

I can cope happily with being ignored by the sheeple, but when they stop ignoring and start eyeing up our preps then I get worried.

We may have been more secure when we were portrayed and nutters to be ignored, now folks are starting to remember that preppers keep bulk fuel and food !!!

8 November 2011, 14:53,
There is that.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 November 2011, 15:56,
I will continue to remain a nutter and keep my head down. I certainly will not talk to the press under any circumstances. Fortunately in this area people aren't so sophisticated and would still laugh at a nutter like me and not think of my having stocked food etc.. They would think of me as a fellow who just goes camping and laugh at the antics of a daft old fellow. They would think of me as being senile. I hope they continue thinking this. Kenneth Eames.
8 November 2011, 16:10,
Ken,

Not at the rate you are converting them. Most of them will be in your community.
Skean Dhude
8 November 2011, 16:27,
I sincerely hope you are right. Certainly my aim is to continue to increase numbers by sounding people out. Ask questions and if you obtain favourable replies move forward in small steps and find out how sincere they are. When satisfied go for the final question, will you become a prepper and if necessary BO etc.. Thank you very much for your comment, SD. Kenneth Eames.
8 November 2011, 16:33,
i'm more inclined to keep my head down, non of my neighbours know we are preppers or that we have stored food, and i'm more than happy to keep it that way. in the event of TSHTF its my family that will survive and not the neighbours(at our expense).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.