Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wood stove
3 February 2013, 11:39,
Question  Wood stove
Hey,
I am looking for a wood stove that can be easily moved. i have seen these

http://seekoutside.com/products/wood-stoves/

which can be folded down . this would be useful if the power goes for heating as i can set it up in a few minutes then if i have to use a BOV i can install it in that.

I have no problem buying it from the USA but those theiving bastards at customs would make me have to pay them to get it because it traveld from America.

Any help would be appreciated as i cannot find anything like this. Smile
3 February 2013, 12:11,
RE: Wood stove
Nice but stupidly expensive, many of the folks on here use the rather natty Frontier Stove which is only about £140

http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/frontier...meEVcDhjkV

They also now do a beautiful water heater accessory for £80

http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/frontier...tAodDVsAAA

3 February 2013, 12:16,
thanks Smile

Its expensive because of the titanium. I did see the frontier stove and i think it is my only option but it does take up a lot of floor space.
3 February 2013, 12:17,
Cheers for that N.R.
I was actually going to make my own, but for that price, and the water heater option and the fact its portable so you can move it from bol to bol if necessary its not worth the bother.

Is it actually as good as it looks or is it more hype than fact?
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
3 February 2013, 12:18,
oh I didn't know there was a water heater for it.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
3 February 2013, 12:20, (This post was last modified: 3 February 2013, 12:24 by Prepper1.)
I think the only mod I'd make to that is pieces of chain from foot to foot so as not to let the legs collapse if anything heavy were on it or something accidentally fell on it.

If anybody has any reviews of it apart from the ones on the website, let me know please as I'm looking at this for my next big purchase.
Any others like this do you know?

I'd like the option of portability but its not absolutely essential after all everything's portable with a bit of effort...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
3 February 2013, 12:25, (This post was last modified: 3 February 2013, 12:37 by NorthernRaider.)
(3 February 2013, 12:17)Prepper1 Wrote: Cheers for that N.R.
I was actually going to make my own, but for that price, and the water heater option and the fact its portable so you can move it from bol to bol if necessary its not worth the bother.

Is it actually as good as it looks or is it more hype than fact?

Its that good, quite a few Brit preppers have them, they were selling like hot snot at the WG the other year, I called into a store near Peterborough during some travels cos they said they had 3 in stock, I got there 4 hours later and they were all gone.
FYI not sure but RONNIE SUNSHINES is usually the cheapest but I hope perhaps Beardyman stocks em.

BTW remember that its a THIN WALL device so eventually after many years, cos it doesnt have a cast iron top it will burn through, BUT of course its piss easy to weld another lump of 4 or 5 mm mild steel over it when it does Smile

3 February 2013, 19:29,
They look about as perfect as you can get,.. such a useful piece of equipment
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 February 2013, 19:39,
Ordered one this weekend before I'd seen this post. Ronnie sunshines via amazon is about 9p dearer than World of camping but the free delivery makes it cheeper. Also ordered the water heater and spark arrestor.
4 February 2013, 13:07,
Had mine for about a year now. Can't recommend them enough, great thing. I use mine in the 5m soulpad, give out enough heat to keep it warm. Took little un out on his first camp last february, tent was nice and toasty.