6 February 2013, 09:04,
Information  Solar Storms
We are due for some solar storms and they think it is soon

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new...torms.html

EMP's and chaos to come
6 February 2013, 12:16,
RE: Solar Storms
Good find mate!

Why is it only in one newspaper though? I am sceptical of The Daily Fail, and The Sun, but sometimes they do bring something decent to the forefront.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 February 2013, 12:56,
DM is warning of UK problems cos of CMEs
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...z2K7SJNz00

6 February 2013, 13:16,
I remember reading somewhere that it happens ever few thousand years. its a cycle but we are running late so we are due for one.
you can't trust the sun for the hard hitting investigative journalism but the have some interesting stuff.
6 February 2013, 13:21,
(6 February 2013, 13:16)SecretPrepper Wrote: I remember reading somewhere that it happens ever few thousand years. its a cycle but we are running late so we are due for one.
you can't trust the sun for the hard hitting investigative journalism but the have some interesting stuff.

Oddly, we're also late for a financial depression too (no joke, it's a 75 year cycle).

Could be interesting watching the world survive a solar cycle maximum and a depression together.
6 February 2013, 13:24,
(6 February 2013, 13:21)Scythe13 Wrote:
(6 February 2013, 13:16)SecretPrepper Wrote: I remember reading somewhere that it happens ever few thousand years. its a cycle but we are running late so we are due for one.

Oddly, we're also late for a financial depression too (no joke, it's a 75 year cycle).

Could be interesting watching the world survive a solar cycle maximum and a depression together.

Haha Interesting wouldn't be my first choice of words Tongue
6 February 2013, 13:25,
(6 February 2013, 13:24)SecretPrepper Wrote:
(6 February 2013, 13:21)Scythe13 Wrote:

Haha Interesting wouldn't be my first choice of words Tongue

Second choice then haha.

To be fair, it would be fascinating to watch things unravel and see stuff change so drastically.
6 February 2013, 13:31,
It would definitely be scary stuff.
I am just starting looking into Faraday and EMP protection. and have seen some bags that are supposed to be good
6 February 2013, 14:41,
There was a solar flare at the weekend listen to this,it takes out the radios
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/0...-outburst/
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
6 February 2013, 17:45,

It happens every eleven years I think you'll find.
conscius et paratum