Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
08/02/13 Bad Weather on it's way
8 February 2013, 10:04,
08/02/13 Bad Weather on it's way
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2KIRtJrTu

Blizzard conditions this weekend, nationwide.

It's cool really, the hills I can see from the bedroom window have snow on top of them at the moment.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 February 2013, 12:52,
RE: 08/02/13 Bad Weather on it's way
this is starting to get silly now! if it keeps up like this I'll never get out to the peaks camping with some mates
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
8 February 2013, 18:48,
We're going to get rain!Angry

I've got a camping trip planned for w/e 24 Feb whatever the weather!
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
8 February 2013, 18:52,
(8 February 2013, 12:52)preservefreak Wrote: this is starting to get silly now! if it keeps up like this I'll never get out to the peaks camping with some mates

At this rate, you'll need to take an igloo for the first night, and a kayak for the second haha.

Well done for setting stuff up for a winter camp though. Very impressed.
9 February 2013, 16:33,
not really mate, we try and do it every year but a couple of the guys I do it with are really twitchy about snow since we spent a February on Dartmoor back in 2004
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
9 February 2013, 23:32,
Snow can be your friend,.. its the cold thats your enemy
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 February 2013, 23:37,
(9 February 2013, 16:33)preservefreak Wrote: not really mate, we try and do it every year but a couple of the guys I do it with are really twitchy about snow since we spent a February on Dartmoor back in 2004

Mate, I'm still impressed.

Not many of us are out and about in winter.
10 February 2013, 07:08,
I am afraid I no longer camp in the snow. I only walk during winter time now. I am afraid that now I am old, I am begining to suffer with bronchial cattarh and cannot take a chance on it becoming worse. I can control it with herbs and Homoeopathic remedies but do not want it to progress into something more serious. For me, camping is for the other three seasons. Kenneth Eames.
10 February 2013, 11:46, (This post was last modified: 10 February 2013, 11:49 by Scythe13.)
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/376559/...ell-on-way

Here we go!!!

(10 February 2013, 07:08)Kenneth Eames Wrote: I am afraid I no longer camp in the snow. I only walk during winter time now. I am afraid that now I am old, I am begining to suffer with bronchial cattarh and cannot take a chance on it becoming worse. I can control it with herbs and Homoeopathic remedies but do not want it to progress into something more serious. For me, camping is for the other three seasons. Kenneth Eames.

Fair answer mate. No point screwing yourself over. Have you seen the doctor about it, or are you okay with the stuff you're using now?

I've got an old climbing friend trying to get me to go up into the arctic circle with him and his team for some ice climbing. Considering he's lost 1/2 of a finger on his right hand, and 2 toes to frost bite.....I declined. So I know that feeling. Wisdom comes with age....so I've got a long way to go still haha.
10 February 2013, 16:52,
Sythe he wants you to go so he can stick his feet in your armpits preventing frostbite :p good to see he's still dedicated after loosing didgets

On the news last night it said the northeast was going to get snow around 5, I think its going to rain, lots of rain Sad