Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britain as a tropical hellhole
8 February 2013, 13:16,
Britain as a tropical hellhole
This caught my eye, when I was reading the paper yesterday.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/29...pocalypse/

Could this really happen on such a tiny island with crappy weather?
question everything or believe anything
8 February 2013, 13:21, (This post was last modified: 8 February 2013, 13:23 by Prepper1.)
RE: Britain as a tropical hellhole
I think its a bit far fetched to say that just because somewhere becomes tropical it'd kick off...

I mean Thailands tropical but the ladyboys aren't hitting each other with coconuts all the time....

Well maybe in private party's....

I think things would be a bit like Africa is now maybe, who knows, you cant believe a fing word these climate people say....

Anyway the sun would make a nice change from pissing down all the f-ing time...

Surprised I've not grown webbed toes with all the rain last year...

Mind you I'm not from Bristol...

Webbed toes are common there...TongueTongueTongue
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
8 February 2013, 13:40,
i cant see it happening myself, i COULD see climate change-all that fresh water coming down from the melting glaciers in antartica could affect "the Gulf Stream" and give us colder winters i'm talking ICE AGE here folks!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 February 2013, 14:14,
well BP if we do get an ice age I think everyone is bugging out to yours Wink

I doubt we could live year wide up here without a well developed off grid heating/insulation plan. I could certainly say goodbye to the chilli plants.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
8 February 2013, 14:44,
(8 February 2013, 14:14)preservefreak Wrote: well BP if we do get an ice age I think everyone is bugging out to yours Wink

I doubt we could live year wide up here without a well developed off grid heating/insulation plan. I could certainly say goodbye to the chilli plants.

forget my place, if we get an ice age we'll ALL be bugging out to rural France and Portugal!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 February 2013, 14:58,
The best bit about the south east becoming tropicalised is that all the nasty bugs and critters will be able to feast on those in area, Malaria etc should be common, thyphus, cholera, beri beri, maybe even sleeping sickness, ultra violent monsoons and thunderstorms, flooding of biblical proportions, nasy critters like scorpions and poisonous spiders will thrive, God I love a good news story.

Anyway by 2030 most of the home counties will be all arab and african stock anyway and the indiginous Brits long since wiped out or driven out. I wonder what land prices are like the the Faroe islands ? Smile

8 February 2013, 17:15,
Of the whole article, this part caught my eye:
They claim global warming will send temperatures soaring and trigger mass food shortages.

So, basically, we'd become like Greece?

To be fair, the only way we could become tropical would be a realignment of the global axis. Highschool kids all know the equator is hotter because it gets direct sunlight, while we get a slightly more diluted stream. So, for us to become tropical, we'd need either a global axis shift, or a doubling of greenhouse gasses (before anyone goes into CO2 emissions, H2O molecules are over 90% of the greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere, and the ocean doesn't have the capacity to double in size and release those levels of emissions. Neither do we have the capability to increase our emissions to even 10% of the oceans production).

Sounds like scare mongering based on sparse realism of facts all taken out of context. Either that, or they're letting us know about a global shift.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 February 2013, 17:26,
The only real way we will get a global shift if is there is an asteroid strike. The other threats will change things temporarily and then they will go back to a new norm. Now what that is depends on how many people there are left but even then it won't be far from where it is now.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 February 2013, 18:35,
(8 February 2013, 14:58)NorthernRaider Wrote: The best bit about the south east becoming tropicalised is that all the nasty bugs and critters will be able to feast on those in area, Malaria etc should be common, thyphus, cholera, beri beri, maybe even sleeping sickness, ultra violent monsoons and thunderstorms, flooding of biblical proportions, nasy critters like scorpions and poisonous spiders will thrive, God I love a good news story.

Anyway by 2030 most of the home counties will be all arab and african stock anyway and the indiginous Brits long since wiped out or driven out. I wonder what land prices are like the the Faroe islands ? Smile

Faroes is quite heavily populated. Over 40,000 people, compared to 20,000 on Shetland. That may be a better option. Hell in winter though.

(Malaria was common in London in the 16th century).
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
8 February 2013, 18:51,
I dont think this is a new idea though,... its a little more severe, but I remember when an American guy predicted that England would become much hotter and Scotland would become a lot wetter,... and this was about 10 years ago

I remember we all joked about it at the time,.. but have often talked about it since and realised that the guy was probably right, as thats the way things seem to have gone over the years
A major part of survival is invisibility.