Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When scotlands indipendant
10 February 2013, 23:36,
When scotlands indipendant
Nr must have something to do with this http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/i...3020658754
10 February 2013, 23:40,
RE: When scotlands indipendant
Brilliant and apt Smile

10 February 2013, 23:44,
Well it made me smile,..Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 February 2013, 10:45, (This post was last modified: 11 February 2013, 10:46 by David075.)
Scotland will not be independent if it becomes "independent" The monarchy will still be there that's a fact and we prob be a member of EU nothing much will change apart from maybe a few headline catching laws.

We cant be independent and in the EU
11 February 2013, 10:52,
its been announced today that Scotland would be treated as a new state and would have to apply to be members of world organizations such as the U.N, NATO and the EEC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-sc...s-21380288
11 February 2013, 10:55,
Can't see why we need a new nemesis when we have a perfectly serviceable one in the shape of the WEE MIDGE BEASTIES!!
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
11 February 2013, 10:56,
(11 February 2013, 10:52)Tigs Wrote: its been announced today that Scotland would be treated as a new state and would have to apply to be members of world organizations such as the U.N, NATO and the EEC

We would apply and end up under there control the is no independence it would be in name only.
11 February 2013, 11:01,
(11 February 2013, 10:52)Tigs Wrote: its been announced today that Scotland would be treated as a new state and would have to apply to be members of world organizations such as the U.N, NATO and the EEC

Well, to be fair, the report, compiled by the University of Cambridge, looked at what had happened in the past when states had become, or were considering becoming, independent. (Ireland and Quebec were considered for example). It was analysed in some detail on Radio Scotland this morning. They interviewed Nicola Sturgeon, who's view was that these past experiences were not legal precedents, and that issues such as EU membership would ultimately have to be settled by negotiation. The report does concur with this view.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
11 February 2013, 11:10,
I hope Scotland does indeed choose liberty and freedom from the nightmare of Westminster rule, The HOP serves only the south east and never the regions. but Scots independance will have some benefits for England and the best one I think is the Scots living in England will lose the right to live in England as we return to the pre 1707 status quo, this the thousands of Scots families returning home will free up thousands of desperately needed houses in England especially down south where the shortage is worse. And the numbers of Scots in England is far higher than the english in Scotland according to the last census I think. I hope Ulster and Wales choose to stand for themselves as well, self government and self determination just like the Swiss Cantons will be good for all.

As for the energy I'm sure England can trade its Frack Gas for oil with Scotland.

11 February 2013, 11:25,
(11 February 2013, 11:10)NorthernRaider Wrote: I hope Scotland does indeed choose liberty and freedom from the nightmare of Westminster rule, The HOP serves only the south east and never the regions. but Scots independance will have some benefits for England and the best one I think is the Scots living in England will lose the right to live in England as we return to the pre 1707 status quo, this the thousands of Scots families returning home will free up thousands of desperately needed houses in England especially down south where the shortage is worse. And the numbers of Scots in England is far higher than the english in Scotland according to the last census I think. I hope Ulster and Wales choose to stand for themselves as well, self government and self determination just like the Swiss Cantons will be good for all.

As for the energy I'm sure England can trade its Frack Gas for oil with Scotland.

Obviously I don't know for sure, but I can't see Scots residents of England losing the right to live there. After all, they moved there when it was one country. (And they won't even get a vote in the referendum!). Of course, if the whole thing descends into an acrimonious divorce, then anything could happen. This would be a real pity as, at the end of the day, we are going to be close neighbours.