Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N Korea vs S Korea.......is there anything in it.
20 February 2013, 15:54,
RE: N Korea vs S Korea.......is there anything in it.
The desperate country with nothing to lose may be willing to take as many "western" nations with it as possible.
Even the nk with no hope of winning anything may not care about the consequences of lobbing nukes about.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
20 February 2013, 19:37,
(20 February 2013, 15:03)Kenneth Eames Wrote: NR, It's possible Russia would join in as well. This would pobably be WW3. My advice to all members is to keep Prepping and learn how to build a Nuclear shelter. Dig a trench and cover with timber and soil. It could save the lives of yourself and family. Be Prepared. Kenneth Eames.

Kenny that whole region is just itching to kick off, Pakistan V India, Two of the Stans are sabre rattling, China , korea and Japan have warships facing off against each other over some islands, Russia is after some sort of ransom to release land they nicked off Japan, NK V SK. My NBC plans are still intact the army sent me on a few special courses in the 70s and 80s about NBC survival Smile

20 February 2013, 20:06,
Nr,.. maybe for those that don't know,... you should start a thread and share some of those courses,... it would make a good thread,..and very topical right now
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 February 2013, 20:27,
I did a class 101 on Noddy suits and the three types of radiation only yesterday.

20 February 2013, 20:29,
(20 February 2013, 20:27)NorthernRaider Wrote: I did a class 101 on Noddy suits and the three types of radiation only yesterday.
Yes, saw that,... we want more...Big Grin
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 February 2013, 20:29, (This post was last modified: 20 February 2013, 20:36 by NorthernRaider.)
Prolly scare the sh1t out of em if I start going through LD500, LD 250 etc anyway

They can get it all much better worded from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_lethal_dose

Lets give em something to worry about

The four stages of ARS are:
•Prodromal stage (N-V-D stage): The classic symptoms for this stage are nausea, vomiting, as well as anorexia and possibly diarrhea (depending on dose), which occur from minutes to days following exposure. The symptoms may last (episodically) for minutes up to several days.
•Latent stage: In this stage, the patient looks and feels generally healthy for a few hours or even up to a few weeks.
•Manifest illness stage: In this stage the symptoms depend on the specific syndrome (see Table 1) and last from hours up to several months.
•Recovery or death: Most patients who do not recover will die within several months of exposure. The recovery process lasts from several weeks up to two years.

These stages are described in further detail in Table 1

Table 1: Acute Radiation Syndromes

Syndrome

Dose*

Prodromal Stage

Latent Stage

Manifest Illness Stage

Recovery

Hematopoietic
(Bone Marrow)

> 0.7 Gy (> 70 rads)
(mild symptoms may occur as low as 0.3 Gy or 30 rads)

• Symptoms are anorexia, nausea and vomiting.
• Onset occurs 1 hour to 2 days after exposure.
• Stage lasts for minutes to days.

• Stem cells in bone marrow are dying, although patient may appear and feel well.
• Stage lasts 1 to 6 weeks.

• Symptoms are anorexia, fever, and malaise.
• Drop in all blood cell counts occurs for several weeks.
• Primary cause of death is infection and hemorrhage.
• Survival decreases with increasing dose.
• Most deaths occur within a few months after exposure.

• in most cases, bone marrow cells will begin to repopulate the marrow.
• There should be full recovery for a large percentage of individuals from a few weeks up to two years after exposure.
• death may occur in some individuals at 1.2 Gy (120 rads).
• the LD50/60† is about 2.5 to 5 Gy (250 to 500 rads)

Gastrointestinal (GI)

> 10 Gy (> 1000 rads)
(some symptoms may occur as low as 6 Gy or 600 rads)

• Symptoms are anorexia, severe nausea, vomiting, cramps, and diarrhea.
• Onset occurs within a few hours after exposure.
• Stage lasts about 2 days.

• Stem cells in bone marrow and cells lining GI tract are dying, although patient may appear and feel well.
• Stage lasts less than 1 week.

• Symptoms are malaise, anorexia, severe diarrhea, fever, dehydration, and electrolyte imbalance.
• Death is due to infection, dehydration, and electrolyte imbalance.
• Death occurs within 2 weeks of exposure.

• the LD100‡ is about 10 Gy (1000 rads)

Cardiovascular (CV)/ Central Nervous System (CNS)

> 50 Gy (5000 rads)
(some symptoms may occur as low as 20 Gy or 2000 rads)

• Symptoms are extreme nervousness and confusion; severe nausea, vomiting, and watery diarrhea; loss of consciousness; and burning sensations of the skin.
• Onset occurs within minutes of exposure.
• Stage lasts for minutes to hours.

• Patient may return to partial functionality.
• Stage may last for hours but often is less.

• Symptoms are return of watery diarrhea, convulsions, and coma.
• Onset occurs 5 to 6 hours after exposure.
• Death occurs within 3 days of exposure.

• No recovery is expected.

* The absorbed doses quoted here are “gamma equivalent” values. Neutrons or protons generally produce the same effects as gamma, beta, or X-rays but at lower doses. If the patient has been exposed to neutrons or protons, consult radiation experts on how to interpret the dose.

† The LD50/60 is the dose necessary to kill 50% of the exposed population in 60 days.

‡ The LD100 is the dose necessary to kill 100% of the exposed population

21 February 2013, 05:07,
NR, I must study this and obtain more information. I do not know a great deal about the subject. I've read Kearney's book and a number of other articles etc., but need to fully understand more about it. I have a Homoeopathic formula to combat radiation and will be adding a Homoeopathic Volume dealing with radiation very soon. Unfortunately, there is so much to learn about so many subjects. It is now that I realise how much I do not know and the great problem is, the retention of memory is declining. Kenneth Eames.
21 February 2013, 11:20,
If things look like going nuclear I shall be stocking up on Lugol's Iodine and doing a heck of a lot of praying!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.