Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bay Formula milk shortage
23 February 2013, 12:12,
Bay Formula milk shortage
This is why when my ankle biters and rug rats were little I kept ten large tins of formula plus a metal steriliser that I could put on a stove.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...n-out.html

23 February 2013, 12:40,
RE: Bay Formula milk shortage
if i see any of these milk containers in peoples recycling of a friday morning i always grab them cos they make great containers for storing stuff in.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 February 2013, 12:50,
When I was raising les enfant terrible I was always gobsmacked by the amount of dopey mares at the nursery and play groups who only kept one feed bottle, one rubber teet, one tin of formula , one pack of wipes etc at home and you could always here them harping on about having to go looking for an open BOOTS or chemist late at night cos they had ran out of XXXX AGAIN!!!!

23 February 2013, 12:56,
(23 February 2013, 12:50)NorthernRaider Wrote: When I was raising les enfant terrible I was always gobsmacked by the amount of dopey mares at the nursery and play groups who only kept one feed bottle, one rubber teet, one tin of formula , one pack of wipes etc at home and you could always here them harping on about having to go looking for an open BOOTS or chemist late at night cos they had ran out of XXXX AGAIN!!!!

dosent surprise me one bit!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 February 2013, 13:06,
(23 February 2013, 12:56)bigpaul Wrote:
(23 February 2013, 12:50)NorthernRaider Wrote: When I was raising les enfant terrible I was always gobsmacked by the amount of dopey mares at the nursery and play groups who only kept one feed bottle, one rubber teet, one tin of formula , one pack of wipes etc at home and you could always here them harping on about having to go looking for an open BOOTS or chemist late at night cos they had ran out of XXXX AGAIN!!!!

dosent surprise me one bit!Tongue

What I thought made it worse was for example bottles were often as normal sold in packs of 3 or 4so when one or two got broke or damaged why didnt they buy a new pack?

23 February 2013, 14:04,
(23 February 2013, 13:06)NorthernRaider Wrote: What I thought made it worse was for example bottles were often as normal sold in packs of 3 or 4so when one or two got broke or damaged why didnt they buy a new pack?

they are probably the same people who only keep 3 days worth of food and only replace something AFTER they have actually run out of it??
23 February 2013, 14:21,
Well, how's this for some spectacular failure from a so-called prepper, i.e., me.

The wife and I brought our two toddlers to Germany last year on the assumption that SMA formula - the ONLY formula they would drink - would be readily available. We were supposed to stay with friends in the north before driving down to the Bavarian Alps to view a chalet we were planning to live in for a while. Only thing is, no SMA on sale anywhere in Germany. We tried Google, we looked at all the supermarket websites... Disaster. All because I assumed that SMA would be on sale Europe-wide. The then agent guy in the Alps told us he couldn't meet us that week and asked if we could come the next week instead. Double disaster. In the end, we had to abort the trip and return home. When we got to Hull we found the nearest Tesco and cleaned them out of SMA.

Since then, we moved to a nice house in the countryside in Ireland and weaned the elder toddler off SMA entirely. But what a lesson in preparedness. One daft assumption = one weak link = the whole shebang falls down.
23 February 2013, 14:26,
what is it they always say?:"never assume any thing!"Big GrinBig Grin