Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surviving isolation
1 March 2013, 21:09,
surviving isolation
some pretty interesting points mentioned in the article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21619765
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
1 March 2013, 21:12,
RE: surviving isolation
I think that Bracken and I could do this, we have always worked very well together, we seem to click, and are capable of working out all sorts of problems together
A major part of survival is invisibility.
1 March 2013, 21:16, (This post was last modified: 1 March 2013, 21:26 by Luci_ferson.)
personally isolation isnt a problem for me, im used to it and spend mass amounts of time alone even when surrounded by others lol.
but i think my misses will find it dificult, not because she would miss others company.
more she is adicted to the digital world. if the digital world collapses for any reason, there is billions of people that simply wont know how to cope.
I dread to think the outcome.

my misses main problem would to be stuck in doors for more than 1 week, she isnt an indorrs person. she would go crazey very quickly, she gets withdrawel symptoms if she cant go out cos its raining.

isolated outdoors somewhere is certainly a lot different to being isolated in a small space.

although when isolated with a partner, their problems are your problems.
if theyre finding it difficult to cope, im sure your going to also.
it only takes one of you to be stressed to strain a relationship.
I can only hope if we get isolated its not stuck indoors.
1 March 2013, 21:43,
my wife is also into the telly and computer to an extent where there might well be withdrawal symptoms,.. its the main reason why I cant get her to come camping with the dogs and me,..its not the bugs, its the lack of the telly

....but I am sure that if it ever comes to the crunch, then she is a strong enough person to deal with it and find something else more practical to do with her time,.... but she would miss the box..Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
1 March 2013, 21:48, (This post was last modified: 1 March 2013, 21:58 by Luci_ferson.)
ive got opposite problem regarding camping,
my misses pesters me, and then when we get there she dont want to come home and gets upset.
she can live without the technology as long as shes outside.
soon as she gets near a roof or electricity shes hooked again.
although saying that, i did notice the last time we went camping her new phone now has internet and facebook etc.

I still need to get myself a nice pair of unrelated doggies that thrive on dried food.
have to wait untill this little rat catcher dies first though, its not very nice to other dogs.
not very smart either it likes atacking akitas.
no idea what its got against that particular breed.

my misses is a bit of a tomboy, she loves playing with fire and building camps etc. its when she gets borred that hell breaks loose lol
2 March 2013, 10:44,
Isolation is not a problem for me, both i and OH have lived alone for long periods and have had jobs where we worked alone and just got on with it. we are both outdoors people and sometimes get "cabin fever" or S.A.D.(in the winter) but thats down to lack of fresh air more than anything else.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 March 2013, 10:45,
I crave isolation,im sick of dealing with people
2 March 2013, 10:54,
(2 March 2013, 10:45)Metroyeti Wrote: I crave isolation.

yep me too, maybe i was a hermit in a previous life?Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 March 2013, 11:21,
(2 March 2013, 10:44)bigpaul Wrote: Isolation is not a problem for me, both i and OH have lived alone for long periods and have had jobs where we worked alone and just got on with it. we are both outdoors people and sometimes get "cabin fever" or S.A.D.(in the winter) but thats down to lack of fresh air more than anything else.

my misses suffers with S.A.D. in the winter too. it dont affect me cos im always sad anyway lol
2 March 2013, 20:16,
oh yes me to....but OH not so keen.....may have to dump her......only joking....honest