Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britain must do MORE to PREPARE for floods n storms
4 March 2013, 10:40,
Britain must do MORE to PREPARE for floods n storms
I noticed the apocalyptic image of a super wave towering over a huge lighthouse is taken only 10 miles from my home !!!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/381611/...d-droughts

4 March 2013, 10:50,
RE: Britain must do MORE to PREPARE for floods n storms
Amazing photo, a fisherman told me a 100ft wave hit south sheilds pier the pther week when we had the strong winds
4 March 2013, 11:01,
Seaham Lighthouse is 10 meters high the waves were three times the height !!!!! even some of the local boat owners said they have never seen waves that big since 1954

4 March 2013, 11:16,
This is going to be a boring statement, but the astute will see the repurcussions before I point them out: It's not rained here for over 2 weeks!

Ramifications and current situation meaning: ground has dried out, water is waiting to be rained out the sky....dry ground....lots of rain.......you guessed it. A repeat of the floods earlier in the year.

For those of you showing concern to my wellbeing...we'll be fine in the new house. We're nicely up hill!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
4 March 2013, 11:27,
dont live on a floodplain and dont live near the coast...seems fairly obvious..and if you can live on higher ground even better. we have had a lot of landslides on the Devon coast recently and its still very unstable.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2013, 22:12,
As i keep saying NR .....up high and out the way.....or 3 big lorry inner tubes... great photo