Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID cards round 2?
5 March 2013, 23:25,
ID cards round 2?
Looks like the government might try and introduce ID Cards again, this time under the guise of cracking down on health tourists.

http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/03/04/benefi...-id-cards/

We need to resist this in every way possible,including non compliance if it is brought in.
6 March 2013, 08:36,
RE: ID cards round 2?
I was under the impression that we already had ID documents in the form of Driving Licences and Passports, both of which we have to apply for and pay for out of what is left of our overtaxed income. Putting in another layer of Identification seems to indicate another half hearted attempt by some miserable 'administrator' at a job creation scheme justified by the phrase 'national security'. We also have Birth Certificates. How many more bits of ID do we really need?
If this health tourism thing is such a threat why not beef up the immigration/border controls - already in place and job creation on a cost effective basis.
If non compliance means 'I do not want to join' then count me in - this grey is turning pale.
6 March 2013, 11:00, (This post was last modified: 6 March 2013, 11:06 by Luci_ferson.)
I dont have a driving licence, and my passport was out of date 15 years ago.
i dont have a bank account/bank card.
thse id cards are aied at people like e, it has nothing to do with health tourists.
like iaaems said, close the bloody borders

no access to country without full health insurance would solve it a lot easier and cheaper.

and it would only inconvenience the people it is meant to, instead of every single brit.

theyre really anti terrorism cards, nothing to do with nhs. its so you can be easily id if stopped by police. cos at the moment its a nightmare for them when they stop me (regularly) as I own no ID.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
6 March 2013, 11:14,
i have seen forms in newsagents where you can get your own ID card, i think its mostly aimed at teenagers, but could be useful to anyone else who didnt have ID as well.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 March 2013, 12:53,
What's the big deal? You are on a "list" somewhere the moment you are registered at birth. Do you have a car, insurance, N.I. number, passport, pension?? The Government have your number and more details about you than you possibly realise. What is wrong with being able to identify yourself easily by waving an ID card? It's certainly easier than presenting yourself at a Police Station to prove who you are. Why put yourself through that sort of hassle? I got used to carrying ID on my person at all times when I lived abroad - it was a doddle and helped with all sorts of situations. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about, and in any event I don't think it has been mooted to be compulsory.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
6 March 2013, 14:40,
Chances of you even being stopped by the police are relativly slim unless your twins a repeat offender or you match a description, your driving without insurance ect.
6 March 2013, 15:13, (This post was last modified: 6 March 2013, 15:19 by Luci_ferson.)
i get stopped by police about once every 3 months, its got so annoying ive started asking them to write me up.
i get told to stop being like that, its just a routine stop
so i demand a write up.
the last time they said they dont do them nomore and said id have to go to the station and ask for one.
and the time before that was a sunday and it said i was a passenger in a vehicle, i was on foot.

i guess it sdepends on your face and where you live.
i must look like a terrorist or something.

i gonna tell them to just arrest e next time, atleast then they have to write it up.

id understand it if it was silly o clock at night, but theyre always mid afternoon
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
6 March 2013, 17:08,
(6 March 2013, 12:53)MaryN Wrote: What's the big deal? You are on a "list" somewhere the moment you are registered at birth. Do you have a car, insurance, N.I. number, passport, pension?? The Government have your number and more details about you than you possibly realise. What is wrong with being able to identify yourself easily by waving an ID card? It's certainly easier than presenting yourself at a Police Station to prove who you are. Why put yourself through that sort of hassle? I got used to carrying ID on my person at all times when I lived abroad - it was a doddle and helped with all sorts of situations. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about, and in any event I don't think it has been mooted to be compulsory.

I don't mind carrying id about with me, in fact I carry the photo card of my drivers licence around with me in my wallet. What I do object to is another thing I have to pay for when I've already got one.

Imagine the scenario at A+E "Excuse me, can you prove you're entitled to nhs care?" "Yes sir/madam. Here is my British passport." "Sorry, it's not on the list of approved identification. Please go & die quietly in the corner."

It's for keeping tabs on people plain & simple. Imagine how easy it would be for the police having the name, address & a recent photo of every citizen in the country. Get a picture off a CCTV camera of someone committing a crime & cross check it against the national database using facial recognition software. All they would need to do is get the local plod to go & round up all those who flag up on the system. Obviously I'm not that fussed for that side of things personally (I send a new pic every 10 years for driving licence & passport). Like I say, it's the fact that we'll have to pay extra for something we'll "need". You can bet they won't be cheap as well.
6 March 2013, 17:29, (This post was last modified: 6 March 2013, 17:42 by Prepper1.)
THE BIG DEAL IS THAT ITS JUST ONE MORE STEP TOWARDS TOTAL TOTALITARIAN RULE.
LITTLE BY LITTLE, BIT BY BIT, ONE MORE FREEDOM IS TAKEN AWAY.
PASSPORTS HAVE BIOMETRIC DATA IN THEM NOW, WHY?
PICTURE NOT GOOD ENOUGH ANYMORE?

GUNS CONTROLLED AND REMOVED ONE BY ONE, WHY?
DOESNT AFFECT GUN CRIME MUCH, CRIMINALS STILL KEEP THERE ILLEGAL GUNS...

ITS NOT ABOUT NOTHING TO HIDE, ITS ABOUT BEING FREE FROM GOVERNMENT CONTROL AND INTERFERENCE,

NOT TELLING YOU WHAT YOU CAN AND CANT DO, WHAT YOU CAN AND CANT EAT, WHAT GUNS YOU CAN OR CANT HAVE ETC...

ITS ALL ABOUT CONTROL FOR THEM, CONTROLLING YOU, WHERE YOU GO WHAT YOU DO..

YOUR AS FREE AS THEY WANT YOU TO BE AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

THE ONLY REASON THEY STOPPED RATIONING AFTER WORLD WAR TWO WAS BECAUSE THERE WAS A MASSIVE PUBLIC OUTCRY BECAUSE THEY WERE SHIPPING THE FOOD TO THE U.S.

IMAGINE IF THERE'D HAVE BEEN NO OUTCRY...

YOU CAN SEE THE NOOSE TIGHTENING HERE AND IN THE STATES UNLESS YOUR BLIND THAT IS.
BELIEVE THE GOVERNMENT, ANY GOVERNMENT AT YOUR PERIL.

GULF WAR ABOUT TERRORISM?
NO OIL.

GOVERNMENT SAYS ONE THING AND DOES ANOTHER TO SUIT THEM.
CAMERONS FAMILY MADE THEIR FAMILY FORTUNE ON THE BACK OF SLAVERY IN THE 17-18OO'S FACT.

CAMERONS FAMILY WAS HEAVILY REIMBURSED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF THE DAY WHEN THEY OUTLAWED SAID SLAVERY FACT.

OH BUT LOOK SLAVERY'S ILLEGAL NOWADAYS.... WHY BECAUSE IT SUITS THEM THATS WHY.
JUST LIKE A LOT OF OTHER THINGS SUIT THEM.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
6 March 2013, 17:42,
I shouldn't worry about it Prepper 1, the whole sorry mess we call "civilisation" is due to fall apart fairly soon, i see the usual round of strikes are starting up again, first the overpaid Civil Service, probably the NHS workers and the Tube people wont be far behind them, what with cuts to benefits and Housing i expect we'll have rioting come this summer!!Angel
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.