Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
off topic?
7 March 2013, 19:21,
off topic?
there has been a few threads recently that have been closed due to not been prepping but have started a conversation between board members

maybe it would be an idea to have a place to move those types of thread to allow the conversations to continue rather than them being closed

off topic as it were
7 March 2013, 19:37,
RE: off topic?
Agree 100%. I dont like to see things vanishing or getting locked down. There was one about the girl who got stabbed today (or yesterday?) which did raise some interesting points, but you cant add in to it as its closed, so the post I was going to make has nowhere to live.
7 March 2013, 19:40,
i have seen a lot of other forums who have this "off topic" thread, maybe something that is not entirely prepper related but has implications for preppers could be allocated to this section.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 March 2013, 19:50, (This post was last modified: 7 March 2013, 20:25 by Luci_ferson.)
I thought there already was an off topic place

i thought the open box was the off topic area

glad i didnt post any random poems or nothing in it, ive just realised it wasnt.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
7 March 2013, 21:40,
I don't mind seeing the off topic posts, and welcome the ones such as the bus stabbing, I'd seen it on the news but other people might not have, and if the post contained no information for me then I'd just stop reading. We wouldn't want a load of random non-prepper posts because then the forum wouldn't be such a great source of knowledge, and when searching you won't quickly find what you're looking for. Plus there are other message boards to chat about things in general. 99% of the time I click on New posts so I'll see the open box posts with all the others, not that that matters to me.
7 March 2013, 21:52,
Got to say, I quite enjoy the off topic posts too and they sometimes contain little points of interest.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
7 March 2013, 21:53,
I have to say i do not agree with this at all....no point to the reason this site exists..sorry
7 March 2013, 22:16,
(7 March 2013, 21:53)Straight Shooter Wrote: I have to say i do not agree with this at all....no point to the reason this site exists..sorry

I have to admit that I agree with you, I hope I don't offend anyone, but although many other stories are interesting they are not prepper related, and I personally are here to learn what I can,...and helpfully pass on prepper items only
A major part of survival is invisibility.
7 March 2013, 22:27, (This post was last modified: 7 March 2013, 22:28 by Luci_ferson.)
I think the off topic subjects are a way of getting to know a little about the person who started it.
what kind of other things they think about other than prepping.
I understand it can make information harder to find. but it also loets me get to know a bit about a few people faster,
one day I may have to rely on some of these people for my own survival, id like to get to know as much about them as fast as possible.
be good to get to know a few better , long before i ever need to rely on them.

i.e if someone kept talking about little green men, id instantly get to know not to rely on them at all lol
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 March 2013, 00:18,
I believe NR's thread on NK was shut down today possibly because of my comment on it. SD owns the site so he can do as he pleases; but I just want to point out, the thread was very much relevant to prepping and what I posted was something that TPTB would not like to see repeated too much online. I'm leaving it at that.