Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
posts vanishing!!aaargh !!
15 February 2013, 21:55,
posts vanishing!!aaargh !!
hello ...ive had 4 posts that ive "posted"in the past 5 days that just vanish !!! its happenned twice tonite....most fruckstrating.....especially when there long !!!..... i see them put up and a numbered reply given...then they bloody vanish...has happenede before too !!! only wanna do single sentences at this rates ....whats wrong....regards RW
15 February 2013, 21:58,
RE: posts vanishing!!aaargh !!
(15 February 2013, 21:55)RoadWarrior Wrote: hello ...ive had 4 posts that ive "posted"in the past 5 days that just vanish !!! its happenned twice tonite....most fruckstrating.....especially when there long !!!..... i see them put up and a numbered reply given...then they bloody vanish...has happenede before too !!! only wanna do single sentences at this rates ....whats wrong....regards RW

Same here mate. But I'm on my phone so assumed it was just that.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 February 2013, 22:30,
Interesting. Can you give me more details? The thread and post id if you have it. I have had an odd one going mising but not usually so bad.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 February 2013, 23:18,
I seem to notice when i am writing a post if there is a text that comes up saying another post has been written while im doing it,The post does not register.

If that has happened at the end of a long post highlight it all and right click and go to copy and you can paste again
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
15 February 2013, 23:21,
Had one thread I was writing disappear.

It was a huge post about caching, materials, items, pods, burying, hiding, disguises, and loads of items for GHB style caching, GTBOL (getting to BOL) caches, and loads more.

I'm sad that vanished as it was really good.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 February 2013, 00:05,
I assumed that I had pressed the `review post`,..and then left that thread, instead of `post reply`,... maybe not
A major part of survival is invisibility.
16 February 2013, 00:20,
just had another post bloody vanish about this !!!! aaaaarrrrrggghh !! this time it didnt say while u were posting etc.....here goes !!!
16 February 2013, 00:54,
Happens occasionaly when im using phone, if it flashes up someone has comnented on this post click on it then finish your post otherwise it disapears, need to get a pc thats why most of my comments are short
16 February 2013, 13:23,
OK pay attention, I can tell you one common problem that occurs on here and its not SD's fault.

If you post a reply to someone and you put your text accidentally inside the previous posts posting area/ box/ quotes thingy you post just vanishes when you press POST REPLY, all you see is an empty post with your name attached to it.
BUT if you click on REPLY to the empty post you will actually see all of your post and the one you replied to.

Sooooooo make sure you are not typing INSIDE the quote box of the previous post.

If you have done this chances are the whole thread is derailed and you are better off starting afresh.