Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cache container help
23 March 2013, 14:12,
Cache container help
Hello all I'm after some advice ! Where can I buy some med size cache containers what I can bury about the size of the old size toffe jars what you see for sale in sweet shops they need to be fairly robust and water proof any advice will be appreciated for long term containers what I can bury
23 March 2013, 15:35,
RE: Cache container help
Depending on cost I'd consider using PVC waste pipe with clued and sealed end caps

just need to make sure that you have a way to to open them in every BOB/EDC etc
23 March 2013, 16:06,
Thats the way to do it...as....ike says you will need 6" underground pvc pipe ..you can glue end cap one end and there is a fitting that screws in tight against a seal ..these are not cheap ( you can also use 4" pipe ) don,t forget you will be limited to quantities (effort to dig a hole to what you can store ) ...try this....call in to your local swimming pool....ask if you can have the old containers that the chlorine comes in ....they are good quality and screw tops 20 lts.....tip....take a bag of tea bags with you ....offer them up.....they will keep future empties for you ..tell them its for your garden use....hope this helps
23 March 2013, 16:13,
(23 March 2013, 16:06)Straight Shooter Wrote: Thats the way to do it...as....ike says you will need 6" underground pvc pipe ..you can glue end cap one end and there is a fitting that screws in tight against a seal ..these are not cheap ( you can also use 4" pipe ) don,t forget you will be limited to quantities (effort to dig a hole to what you can store ) ...try this....call in to your local swimming pool....ask if you can have the old containers that the chlorine comes in ....they are good quality and screw tops 20 lts.....tip....take a bag of tea bags with you ....offer them up.....they will keep future empties for you ..tell them its for your garden use....hope this helps

Superb idea thanks mate
23 March 2013, 17:35, (This post was last modified: 23 March 2013, 17:36 by Highlander.)
The yellow screw top plastic containers that are about 10inches high by about 6inches round,...that are used for sharps [ needles, blades etc ] the same containers are also used for flares on boats

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/271012447...pla&crdt=0

very cheap too

The flare containers are a bit more expensive

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Larg...2ec4ff8efb
A major part of survival is invisibility.
23 March 2013, 23:23,
you could go into a sweetie shop and ask them if you can have their old used containers they can only offend you once
24 March 2013, 06:49,
My local sweet shop is glad to get rid of there containers
24 March 2013, 08:11, (This post was last modified: 24 March 2013, 08:12 by I-K-E.)
from what I can remember aren't the plastic sweet shop containers an bit on the thin side?

I grew up in a shop that had these type of containers and to be honest I wouldn't like to burn these as a cache

typo..... bury NOT burn