Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neck on the block?
24 March 2013, 09:02,
Neck on the block?
Two very popular, according to the stats, threads on Cyprus and Power have been blocked.
This indicates to me, at least, that these are of interest for discussion by the general membership but somehow do not meet with SD's overall concept of what should be taking place here.
So perhaps there could be a general and polite discussion on this topic - just to clear the air so to speak.
It is not my intention to cause any trouble here and as this is my first thread perhaps you could advise me if this is correct and proper procedure.
24 March 2013, 09:33, (This post was last modified: 24 March 2013, 09:40 by Luci_ferson.)
RE: Neck on the block?
the gov has passed new laws to censor the press. they also extend to websites.
Its probably a good idea if threads containing certain news threads are removed.
no point drawing unneeded attention in this direction.
maybe we should all be a little more carefull about what articles we post atleast until we find out more about the new regulations.

I can see why 2 of the power threads were closed. no point having 3.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
24 March 2013, 09:44,
I don't agree Luci, if we start self censoring each other, then the state has won.We are born with a right to freedom of speach and expression, so what is the point if we don't exercise said rights.
24 March 2013, 09:48, (This post was last modified: 24 March 2013, 09:49 by Luci_ferson.)
I didn't say don't post things, I said be carefull of what you post.
im one of the worst ones for opening my mouth when it comes to the gov.

Just be carefu with freedom of the press changesl. What they sell in the beginning as benign moderate 'changes' open the way for full blown oppression. All evil tyrannies know they have to move with stealth, so as not to 'frighten the natives'. 'The price of freedom is eternal vigilance' . Who would have believed the European Common Market could have morphed into the Commie EU?

- raymondvilla , Sydney, Australia, 20/3/2013 15:29

although this bloke seems to be on same level lol
24 March 2013, 10:49,
The fact that the power issue reinvented itself surely indicates an intense level of interest?
OK one seems to be still running but I am not sure I understand why the first two were stopped.
24 March 2013, 10:50,
possibly because there was 3 running on same subject.
24 March 2013, 11:52,
Iaaems,

Feel free to talk about it. There are many blogs and sites out there where Politics is the main subject. I used to run one myself and it was very interesting until I got fed up of it and decided to concentrate on helping people prepare. You can use any one of them or set up your own.

The politican and news information can easily be found on these pages, everyone should keep an eye on the news as a pointer but I am not interested in having the news posted here unless it adds something to prepping and by that I mean it is a new threat, or it has comment that adds to our ability to prep.

These off topic threats are the ones that take up all my time. Like this. Either fixing arguments or explaining, again and again, the site policy that thas been in place since I started.

I've been up front about it and I'm not going to discuss it any more. From now on I'll just delete the posts as soon as I see them. That will be the most efficient way.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin