Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few thoughts on the state of things
9 April 2013, 08:48,
RE: A few thoughts on the state of things
i agree with sardo, don't put all ya eggs in one basket, having food is great, but you don't wanna trade it away, having gold is a great thing for that, and gold has and always will be something very precious in most peoples eyes, even post collapse, although i think a partial collapse is more likely, but the same holds in that scenario as well

toilet paper would also be a valued commodity as well! when people spend 6 months wiping their arse with newspaper, a fresh roll of bog paper will be worth more than food or gold! luxuries, its where money always is, just like drugs and alcohol, people would trade a day's food to be high for a day, just the way people are.

things you should never trade would be medical supplies and food, though in my eyes food less so, theres food everywhere if you know where to look Smile

but at any rate, money is better spent on specific preps, food supplies, medical supplies and such like, of course if collecting is a hobby of yours, then keep on it, having a hobby like that that can also be useful in an emergency is always a good hobby to have Smile

also welcome to the site dude, i don't think your paranoid at all! you just have common sense Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few thoughts on the state of things - by Hrusai - 9 April 2013, 08:48