Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few thoughts on the state of things
9 April 2013, 11:16,
RE: A few thoughts on the state of things
Welcome to the forum SN

You sound like my kind of guy:
(9 April 2013, 08:34)Sardo_Numpsa Wrote: I take the view that precious metals have been accepted as payment for goods and services for thousands of years and will continue to be for some time.

To point out something so blindingly obvious that it's blinded many people on the forum, let me explain something about PM's:

Put simply, tins of food are awesome and if there's a total collapse, then food will be important. However, if you had bought silver at $8 an ounce, and sold it at $30 an ounce, you would have been able to use that money to buy more tins of food than if you had bought 10 tins of food costing £8, and then trade them in for another 10 tins of food costing £8. See where this is going? PM's are not just a store of wealth, they are an investment when bought wisely, and thus are able to be used to ENHANCE your ability to prep! If you'd bought a few ounces of gold back in 2000, you'd be laughing your butt off right now at how many tins you could buy.

I know the response I'll receive "I'd rather have tins now because you don't know when the collapse will come." Which is entirely my point. It could be in 10 years time, in which case, PM's would have increased in value and be able to buy many more tins. You're hanging on to security without looking at achieving true freedom! Your fear has blinded you.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few thoughts on the state of things - by Scythe13 - 9 April 2013, 11:16