Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few thoughts on the state of things
9 April 2013, 13:35,
RE: A few thoughts on the state of things
Economic collapse is my reason for prepping as I believe it is the most pressing and likely scenario. I am not concerned or worried about other scenarios like asteroid or comet strike or even worldwide pandemics because if any asteroid or comet hits and it is big enough all the preparations in the world will not save you. I look at pandemics the same way. If the virus and or Bacteria is serious enough the only thing that will save you is the 50/50 chance you might be immune to it.
The discussion regarding PM's is interesting and always a popular topic amongst preppers. PM's to me represent real tangible wealth and with the constant debasement of our currency and all currencies due to QE there is a reason why PM's like Gold and Silver are seen as safe havens because people are losing faith in Fiat currencies. Gold and silver have been recognized as "currency" for all civilised existence and have always been reverted to in times of crisis. It is also very true that all the Gold and Silver in the world will not buy you a can of food if the person won't sell it, but the reality is there will always be someone who will sell to you.
I also look at it this way if I have my money in the Bank it is earning me nothing due to the interest rate, and also the fact that the money can be taken away from you like in Cyprus

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few thoughts on the state of things - by Tartar Horde - 9 April 2013, 13:35