Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from Herts
16 April 2013, 02:34,
Hello from Herts
I'm a girlie, I'm afraid, but of the old and tough variety and with none of the risks of Apocalyptic Babes. I have a husband who'll be a much better survivor than me when it comes to it (he can make just about anything) but he isn't fully on board yet, so for the time being I have to work very cunningly and with ready excuses for when he keeps finding crates of bottled water in improbable places.

Always been a bit of a prepper (probably from growing up in the 70's - constant power cuts and watching 'Survivors' on TV) but it's only very recently I've started to realize it's a case of 'when' rather than 'if' and begun to do it properly. I just hope I haven't left it too late.

Completed Stage 1 (planning, hoarding 3 months supplies, BOB, EDC, planned BOL etc) and only just starting Stage 2 (water butts and filtering, growing veggies, acquiring gear for defence, learning key skills, more hoarding, making caches, long term food storage etc), so I've a long, long way to go.

About the only thing in my favour is that I do a lot of historical re-enactment/living history, which means I have some basic survival skills (eg making fire with flint and steel, making my own char cloth, making inedible camp fire cheese etc). Otherwise I'm pretty rubbish and am very much here to learn.

You've all taught me a huge amount already from my lurking here, so I owe you a lot before I even start. Great site, great forum, and I look forward to getting to know everyone in time.
16 April 2013, 03:39,
RE: Hello from Herts
welcome from dorset Smile

good to see you've got a good start on things Smile further along than i am xD

just remember if you need help, ask we always pile in and offer our multitude of opinions and advice (though it can differ alot lol)

enjoy your stay ^^
16 April 2013, 05:35,
welcome to the forum
16 April 2013, 07:39,
Welcome to the forum Lou,... from the Scottish Highlands

you say `otherwise I am pretty rubbish`,.. well you sound pretty capable to me, it sounds like we can learn from you
A major part of survival is invisibility.
16 April 2013, 08:24,
hello and welcome from norfolkSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
16 April 2013, 09:07,
Hello and welcome from Londinistan, Lou.

You are more advanced in your preps than I am by far.

Your mentioning of cheese has made me hungry. Big Grin
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
16 April 2013, 09:16,
Hi Lou, welcome to the forum.

What area are you based around? Might have a load of preppers nearby that you could meet with for advice and the alike.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 April 2013, 09:17,
Hello from londonistan
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
16 April 2013, 09:22,
Hello. I am from herts too Smile
16 April 2013, 09:47,