Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello and glad to meet you!
26 April 2013, 00:04,
Hello and glad to meet you!
I live in Scotland and I'm not a prepper. That isn't my choice but while I understand the very real threats that exist and empathise with your preparations and intentions, I am not and afraid cannot really be, in a position to follow your lead.

I am however, thoroughly enjoying your website and have been since finding it a few days ago. All the articles I've read so far and the posts I've followed, have been simple, understandable and well thought out and I've found that really refreshing after encountering the gung-ho, quasi-militarised and the unrealistic and delusional. I hope I will not appear to be too quiet, given that I have no equipment to assess and report on and no preparations to describe but I also hope I can add an occasional useful contribution. I know I will continue to enjoy your content!Smile

You have my highest regards,
Grumpy Grandpa
26 April 2013, 05:39,
RE: Hello and glad to meet you!
welcome to the forum
26 April 2013, 07:29,
Welcome to the forum GG

everyone is a prepper, fact!

Just because you don't stockpile food or amass gear doesn't mean you are not a prepper!

Ever bought insurance of any kind?? You are a prepper!

Bought extra salt so you can clear a path at your house in winter? Prepper!

I don't like the term prepper though.

I'm not an ott prepper, got about a fortnights worth of grub at any one time, I'm more focusing on skills to see me through bad times!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
26 April 2013, 08:12,
hello and welcome from norfolkSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
26 April 2013, 08:14,
Hello GG and welcome from south wales
26 April 2013, 08:44,
i dont know what your position is nor do i wish to know but everybody should put some food stores back for emergency use, even if thats only enough for 3 days or a week, say a storm hit and took out some power lines and the electric went off. welcome from Devon by the way!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 April 2013, 08:50,
Hello and Welcome
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 April 2013, 08:55,
Thank you all - good to feel welcome!

Thanks Binnie. A good point of view and I appreciate the timely reminder.

26 April 2013, 10:00,
Hello and welcome from londonistan
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
26 April 2013, 11:07,
hi, and welcome from the liverpool/manchester border, i miss scotland, went haggis hunting when i was a kid.