Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Brother
28 April 2013, 20:06,
Big Brother
I don't know if any of you have seen this - it's not April 1st is it? I can see this bringing real problems if it comes in. Another good reason to consider different sources of power. I am probably being slightly paranoid, but there do seem to be so many sneaky ways coming in to "monitor" the population.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ology.html
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 April 2013, 20:13,
RE: Big Brother
That is crazy! Think it might be time to look for some solar panels etc.
28 April 2013, 20:22,
more reasons to stick with my bbq oven, gas stove, and 16 year old freezer, still got years left in it. lets see them turn that off.
28 April 2013, 20:41,
most ridiculous idea i have ever heard!

switching off thousands thermostat operated devises creates even bigger spike when all switched off appliances suddenly will start again more or less simultaneously! there will be snow ball effect. more spikes shut more appliances down and when they start again all together there will be even bigger spike!

that is why after big black outs they switching on power gradually one substation after another. because lot of switches remain in "on" position and thousands of devices will start simultaneously.

instead they should stimulate industrial consumers to save energy by using it more effectively.
total idiocy.

but luckily those chips can be easily bypassed
28 April 2013, 22:25,
Well anyone who has a mobile phone can be tracked ( right now! ) so I am told ....little steps....slowly ..... slowly ....catch a monkey but your right mary there will be more of this as time go's by , the other thing being talked about is smart electric metres , they sell you on the benefit of, it will save you money (you can see how much in money you are using) the reality is they can monitor your use and habits analyse your lifestyle then think up something to sell you more .......shit
30 April 2013, 06:50,
With regard to different sources of power - I came across this http://www.soln1.com the other day. Whilst it is work in progress at the moment it would appear to have a few things going for it especially if you could locally 'industrialise it' to cope with the demands of power hungry items like 'the fridge'.
Just a thought.
30 April 2013, 11:46,
how are they going to fit them to every fridge in the country? what if you say NO? or is it only on new fridges ?? sounds like someones day dream to me.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 April 2013, 12:00,
Power stations should have been ordered over 10 years ago but namby pamby politicians would go against the Green Religion which allows them to collact so much tax.

Like the social secirity system. Decisions made decades ago are coming home to roost and there are few alternatives.

Get your own supply and use that for critical services such as freezers where you don't want a malfunction.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 April 2013, 22:57,
Perhaps it's not such a crazy idea. Imagine a situation where the grid in your area is on the point of collapsing, would you prefer to have your fridge switched off if it meant the lights stayed on ?
1 May 2013, 18:38,
(30 April 2013, 22:57)Steve Wrote: Perhaps it's not such a crazy idea. Imagine a situation where the grid in your area is on the point of collapsing, would you prefer to have your fridge switched off if it meant the lights stayed on?
i wouldn't say a word and switch all my lights and appliances off if there really be some kind of national emergency or state of war.
in fact i already exchanged all of my home light bulbs for led-bulbs and i use latest model A++ energy consumption class refrigerator and washing machine. so i did my part, my consumption is record low but my electric bills still are rising!
problem in this situation is not your or mine power consumption, but the electric power companies unwillingness to build power stations with sufficient reserve of power or building the power accumulating facilities. because it is expensive to build.

most probably law makers just conveniently (for power companies) "forgot" to put the obligation to the power companies to do so.

if they really intend to operate peoples refrigerators by the frequency of the current in the national grid it will be massive. because you can not change frequency regionally locally. whole grid has the same frequency. if it lowers that mean whole grid is overloaded heavily.

main heavy power consumers are the commercial users. industrial and big office real estate companies. very slow to change their attitude towards electric power saving. so as always it is easier to make pay the sheeple. either by rising the electricity cost or by paying for the extra electronic chips in your refrigerators.