Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi From a Newbie in Lincolnshire
13 May 2013, 15:13,
RE: Hi From a Newbie in Lincolnshire
(13 May 2013, 09:46)Eifla180 Wrote: I have decided to start storing food and water but really dont know where to start.

Hello and welcome.

Now you do know where to start - it's here. All I knew about prepping before coming across this site quite by accident, was from seeing prats on a TV programme! That was just two and a half weeks ago. I've found spending time on the main page going through the articles is well worth while, as is reading through old threads. A mine of information!

If you have a problem - ask; if you need advice - ask. There's always some of these good people willing to help.

13 May 2013, 21:01,
Welcome from the Scottish Highlands.

Storing food, ... tins,.. easily stored and will last a lot longer than the `end date`,... but a good idea is to keep a note of how many you have,.. I list my tins as `Main Meals`,... anything from bean to stew, or potatoes to ham...... fruit, any sort, including pie fillers,.... soups, speaks for itself,..... veg,..again speaks for itself,... there is two reason for making a note, first of all you need more or less equal numbers of each, for variety and to get a balance diet,..and also so that you can think about rotating your stores after something like three years,... eat a few and replace

Packets,.. things like rice, or dried veg,.. use food storage plastic containers, these will usually last longer, but still useful to keep a record

Don't forget water, if you dont have a supply close to hand,... six packs of coke/Pepsie or fruit drinks are also good here, they will last for years,... keep a record of how much you have

Also include a few treats like boiled sweets and even sauces, also salt is important
A major part of survival is invisibility.
13 May 2013, 21:50,
Hello from the welsh valleys.....welcome !
14 May 2013, 08:40,
Welcome from another Lincolnshire yella belly