Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
camping stove
15 May 2013, 17:05,
camping stove
camping stove in ASDA(seen this morning) the flat one that takes the gas aerosols....£10!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 May 2013, 21:10,
RE: camping stove
I had a brief love-affair with these things. I love the form-factor; stable, compact, lightweight.

BUT, they run on butane. Hopeless in the cold and/or when the cylinder gets less than half full. I've had a couple of miserable camps waiting for ever for a pathetic flame to boil the kettle for a brew (and, yes, that's after having kept the cylinder in the tent with me). Have nw given up on this type of stove.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
15 May 2013, 22:39,
I loved them when i was doing motorcycle camping, now im on a pushbike, i prefer my meths stove, not so much the weight, as the space it takes up.
15 May 2013, 23:37,
I like em, got two ....alright you can pick holes, but , easy to set up if your on the run
16 May 2013, 05:25,
and for the price, handy to keep in your house in case you need em, When i was on a pre-pay leccy meter, they came in very handy, that and candles.
16 May 2013, 16:21,
(16 May 2013, 05:25)Franc Wrote: and for the price, handy to keep in your house in case you need em, When i was on a pre-pay leccy meter, they came in very handy, that and candles.

And some heavy gauge wire Wink