Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group / community/ forum Icon or Logo?
22 November 2011, 23:11,
Group / community/ forum Icon or Logo?
Just wunnering if anyone is as daft as me for icons and logos (tasteful and low profile ) and think perhaps SD may consider a competition for one to this forum, Zombie Squads patch is rather neat and discrete its just the letters ZS in grey on a black patch, Another US group has a grey skull on a black background, My own forum was just adopting the GreyMan silhouette icon before it closed down, that also was a dark grey silhoutte of a prepper on a lighter grey background. All very low key and low profile but would defo asist in us spotting kinfolk at places like the Wilderness Gathering of Bushcraft show?

Yea, Nay or shutup NR what do you think?

22 November 2011, 23:27,
RE: Group / community/ forum Icon or Logo?
It's not really for me but I can see why people might want something lke that and understand only other preppers or people who view the site would realise what it was but to be honest I wouldn't want to be recognised by other preppers either in certain circumstances.

Not everyone on prepping and survival forums (or any other forum for that matter) are always what they make themselves out to be online, and until i'm pretty sure about someone I would rather stay anonymous

Having said that, I arranged to meet a prepper in a pub once, it wasn't till I walked into a packed pub with no idea what he looked like that I realised there was a major flaw in my planning Big Grin

23 November 2011, 12:55,
perhaps something like the Greyman patch would assist in finding other members of your group at places like The Wilderness Gathering, something that could be pinned on and taken off afterwards when you wanted to be incognito.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 November 2011, 12:57,
I know that some student activists and climate activists identify each other at events with removable velco patches on their hats and rucksacks, they just rip em off when they want to.

23 November 2011, 16:44,
That makes sense
24 November 2011, 20:58,
I like the idea of a removable patch we can use to ident each other at meets. My issue would be that if it is open knowledge then we could be taken in by fakers.

Not sure what to do about that. I do know that when people want to ensure that they are not copied they do a pass of the day and only issue it on that day. Perhaps we should be looking at that for meets but the general patch NR loves so much as a general badge.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 November 2011, 20:46,
I would feel happier with the rip-off, velcro type patch, but only in certain places and with a very low key logo.
30 November 2011, 21:41,
Here is a pic of two of the more popular ones I already have on my EDC bag
Zombie Squad and
EDCForums
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/6432600181/

1 December 2011, 14:43,
(30 November 2011, 21:41)NorthernRaider Wrote: Here is a pic of two of the more popular ones I already have on my EDC bag
Zombie Squad and
EDCForums

Just had a cruise through your flickr photos - some fascinating stuff there.
1 December 2011, 15:03,
(1 December 2011, 14:43)Lincolnoldie Wrote:
(30 November 2011, 21:41)NorthernRaider Wrote: Here is a pic of two of the more popular ones I already have on my EDC bag
Zombie Squad and
EDCForums

Just had a cruise through your flickr photos - some fascinating stuff there.

Yeah if I come across odd illustrated or graphics that could be useful to preppers I tend to plonk em on my Flikr page.