Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
goverment to change tresspass law .
5 June 2014, 12:11,
goverment to change tresspass law .
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2...ens-speechgoverment plans to change law so that energy companys can drill under your home without your say so.

that alright with you.
Survive the jive (youtube )
5 June 2014, 13:18,
RE: goverment to change tresspass law .
this is the fracking companies I think?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 June 2014, 21:20,
Drilling under my home wouldn't worry me, fracking is a bit different as it involves smashing up the bedrock which could change the water table. As earth dries out it contracts considerably, look at the cracks that appear in Summer, I would worry that the earth would move enough to disturb the house. It might take 25 years to happen, by which time the government and fracking companies will be long gone.
6 June 2014, 11:01,
i just cant help thinking of the vids on the news with flames comming out of peoples taps.
i think alot of uk folk will be in the nimby camp.
Survive the jive (youtube )
6 June 2014, 13:58,
That's the problem Sunna, they will be in the Nimby camp instead of in the Pitchfork and piano wire campAngel
6 June 2014, 15:08,
Unless you get your water from a deep drilled well,300-500feet, you will never see fire coming from your taps. Besides, I know of several places where that happens as a natural phenomena in areas where natural gas is plentiful. You dig a well and you never know what you are going to get. Possibly water or possibly a check for several thousand dollars each month.

In fact, you would never know "fracking" was going on unless someone told you, or showed you a hoky cartoon trying to panic you.

What should really be of concern is that this law probably allows energy companies to buy a small plot of land and set up their operation, then extract the resources from under the surrounding land for miles around without paying mineral rights royalties to the landowners!

That or the law allows the government to declare energy rich property "eminent domain", force its sale for a fraction of the value, then sell off the resources.

The anti trespass provision would allow energy companies to access, survey and determine the presence of the resource. These surveys often involve explosive charges for sonar mapping, ground penetrating radar, lots f heavy truck traffic across the fields and all the irritations associated.
6 June 2014, 22:08,
We don't have mineral rights here, it all belongs to the crown.