Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
hi frm north manchester
29 May 2013, 20:30,
hi frm north manchester
Hi all after realizing this country ain't getting better I've decided to pepper for the worst. Living in a built up erm multicultural area where im the minority the question is start on security or food/medical/water first with my limited funds any tips?
29 May 2013, 20:37,
RE: hi frm north manchester
Hi and welcome to the forum. This is definitely the place to be to have your questions answered. Spend some time on the main site going through the articles there and don't forget to read through older threads - a mine of information! I haven't been aware long either and also have only limited funds but only you can know what your greatest threat is. Prepare for that but not to the exclusion of the others. A bit at a time - a tin at a time. That was just about the first advice I was given and it's solid!

29 May 2013, 20:40,
Hi, and welcome from the Scottish Highlands.

Where to start?,.. it cant be fully answered without knowing where about you are, you will know how rough/dangerous your area is,.. but I would guess that your food and water will be your most vital and most needy things to stock up on first,.. without these the security wont matter

When it comes to stocking up, all you can do is one tine at a time,.. are you able to put up a water butt? whats your storage like? if you dont have a lot of space then concentrate on high energy foods, .... you best bet is to do your research and read through the forums, ...and ask if you dont know, you will always get your answer
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 May 2013, 20:42,
Welcome to the forum, from a fellow city dweller.

Everyones got kitchen knives, so thats your security. Food and water is my main concern
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
29 May 2013, 20:46,
Hello and welcome from londonistan
As a fellow city dweller that lives in a shit hole i would say like highlander start on food and water because without it everything else is useless.
Then branch out after that into weapons,medical,comms,etc,Read the threads on this great site and you will learn a great deal,Theres plenty of info on here and some knowledgeable people on here that have helped me greatly
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
29 May 2013, 20:48,
Welcome to the forum.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 May 2013, 21:14,
Hello and Welcome. Looks like Grumpy Grampa covered everything else.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 May 2013, 21:16,
welcome, from the manchester/liverpool borders
29 May 2013, 21:34,
WELCOME TO THE FORUM. ........CITY DWELLER.! Big Grin
29 May 2013, 21:59,
Erm.... Yo Dude hows it hangin bro ? erm..... other urban greetings and felicitations ........ theres a few recent articles folks have done that focus on urban prepping so dig in.
NR