Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AB-13 Lightweight Alcohol Stove
5 June 2013, 13:10,
AB-13 Lightweight Alcohol Stove
http://ukhammocks.co.uk/shop/article_14/...ml?pse=apq
Just got this stove through the post, I ordered the 4 ounce fuel bottle with it.

The stove is very, very light, and is simple to set up. It is probably best on a firm surface, as it stands on three legs. Once you've connected the fuel line, you gently squeeze the bottle to feed fuel into the flame.

It comes with a dropper type lid that can close, for transport of the bottle when not connected. I added a little fuel to the wick, which is a pad of dense felt material. Very simple to light, and the flame is almost invisible. I can get a tin can full of water bubbling in around 5 minutes. It seems to simmer at a low flame if you just leave it, but I would recommend applying slight pressure to the fuel bottle to increase the heat.

To summarise:
-Easy to workout and use
-Very lightweight, good for a BOB
-Discrete, almost invisible flame, even on "full blast"
-Doesn't dirty the pot, seemed to leave it cleaner that when I started (So you could sterilize a blade, needle or tweezers.)
-Seems to be very fuel efficient, only consumed a few milliliters of fuel whilst boiling a can of water.
-Fuel reservoir is about the size of a cardboard toilet paper tube.

Didn't like:
-Fireproof plastic becomes hot to the touch (though it dissipates in minutes, so it would be hard to pack away in a hurry
-The legs seem flimsy, though only time will tell.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
5 June 2013, 13:27,
RE: AB-13 Lightweight Alcohol Stove
Good review. Be interested to know how it fares in windy conditions.

Looks like a nice little thing. It mentions on the site about different placement options for the pad, you tried any others out? Does it even tell you where you can site the pad for different burns?