Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peoples misperceptions of others
25 November 2011, 20:07,
Peoples misperceptions of others
I learned an interesting lesson tonight, When we used to live in the city we used to use a particular Chinese Take-away that we all loved.
When we first moved out here we found the local take-away to be aweful so on occasion my missus would call at the city Take-away and bring one home with her. We even knew the little Hong Kong Chinese owner of the place by his first name " Han"

We left the city in part because of urbanisation, galloping crime waves, overcrowding and pollution etc as part of our reasoning and prep plans overall.

Anyway tonight I had a craving for a Chinese meal and remembered the local Take-away had recently changed owners, So I phone an order through for delivery, meal duly came and was delicous, and the new menu that came with it had Hans smiling face on it.

I popped down to see Han and he immediately remembered me from the city. His wife was pleased to see a friendly face in a rather closed village community.

Anyway I asked Han "Why did you sell up and move out here I thought you were doing well in the city?"

Han replied " Not fit place to raise family, to much crime, too dirty, no place for children to play safely, to many gangs, need to be someplace good for family, place where I can grow much own food and feel safe from crime "

I guess some times perceptions can be misleading, I would never have thought a city born and raised Hong Kong Chinese guy would have exactly the same fears and concerns as the rest of us, and also be willing to make huge personal sacrifice to ensure his families continuity in a safe place.

25 November 2011, 22:45,
RE: Peoples misperceptions of others
it's true you should never judge a book by the cover
some times people have to be different for their job harder and mean then they like to be or have no veiws but different at home?
to win the war, you must be willing to die
26 November 2011, 10:21,
we have an excellent take away VAN in the town, "George" is Greek and he does a mean fish and chips!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 November 2011, 15:01,
It is a fallacy that we are different from any other country. There are differences sure, but we all have the same loves, fears, wants and wishes. It's politicians that screw it up and demonise others.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 November 2011, 15:41,
SD, Its time to sound this man out and see if he is a possible prepper and survivalist. Obviously do it gradually. You may have some support in your area. Kenneth Eames
26 November 2011, 16:43,
Ken,

You mean NR. Sounds like he is the one that has a pal who can prepare many good cheap meals, supply used cooking oil, cheap contaners and a million and one sundry items at cost.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 November 2011, 06:02,
SD, My apologies. My brain doesn't work too well these days. Kenneth Eames.
27 November 2011, 19:04,
Not a problem. It worked out in the end.
Skean Dhude