Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
hello from County Durham
4 July 2013, 21:45,
hello from County Durham
Hi All,

Have been prepping for a short while and today met a member of this forum who suggested I sign up. Hope to learn a lot and possibly contribute when and where I am able.

Currently live in County Durham with OH and we are busy restoring a large overgrown garden which now includes a mini orchard, several deep beds for veg growing and soon to have chickens too (in the autumn possibly, if we get the chicken house built in time).

Prepping plan is to bug in, but not here. Looking to move elsewhere before too long and have a small holding, with mainly offgrid energy, somewhere in the north of Scotland (Highlands).

Looking forward to getting to know you all. Thanks for having me.
4 July 2013, 21:50,
RE: hello from County Durham
Hello CG and welcome to the Forum, from S W Scotland. I'm sure you'll find everything you need right here and if you have any questions, just ask. Someone will always be willing to provide you with an answer!Smile

4 July 2013, 22:07,
Welcome to the forum from newcastle
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
4 July 2013, 22:08,
Hello and welcome
Failure is NOT an option
4 July 2013, 22:15,
Hello and Welcome. Sounds like you have your plans already sorted out.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 July 2013, 22:25,
Welcome to the forum, from the Scottish Highlands
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 July 2013, 22:28,
Guys and Scots sub group this is the nice lady I was telling you about she is hoping to move up to Tarrels AOO and in passing she said she would like to RV with the Scots sub group if you are having any RV's. Could you chaps please assist her and her campervan driving partner ? BTW she has a heck of a lot of smallholding knowledge and skills you folks shold tap into.

Hey Chris, I hope you got the two E mails I sent you this afternoon?
NR

4 July 2013, 22:36,
If you are interested in the Scottish group then you are just in time for the Ken Eames roadshow. If you can make the 20th July north of Glasgow then contact Highlander. That would be an ideal situation for you.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 July 2013, 22:46,
PMed you Chris
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 July 2013, 23:05,
Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

NR, yes thanks, I got the emails; will reply when I have read them thoroughly.

Highlander, thanks for the PM; have replied. And thanks SD for the heads up.