Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Library weekend?
3 December 2011, 16:38,
Library weekend?
Just wondered if anyone was perhaps interested in a book weekend someplace next year, its where we can bring our collection of books on prepping info, and fiction and lets others spend the weekend perusing them to see if they want to buy their own or simply make copious notes?

3 December 2011, 17:13,
RE: Library weekend?
Good idea. Where are you thinking about?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 December 2011, 17:28,
Someplace central, prolly the midlands

3 December 2011, 21:11,
Not got many books to swap/sell but am happy to meet up. Being the tightwad that I am most of my literature is in the form of free pdf's and torrent downloads stored on various devices.
3 December 2011, 21:37,
I've a ton of books but don't intend to swap or sell any of them. Some of them were bought when we were free and would be confiscated going through customs now.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 December 2011, 23:18, (This post was last modified: 3 December 2011, 23:19 by NorthernRaider.)
Guys the objective is not to swap or sell, but I dont mind if you do flog off your spare books, but rather bring your selection to the meet to let others peruse them so if they want they can then buy their own copies, or make notes from yours. And of course you get the bonus of being able to discuss and debate the merits of the various books among other people who sharte the same interests. Its a way of getting together on common ground for a common purpose and perhaps start building links and contacts with others. Only an idea.
(3 December 2011, 21:37)Skean Dhude Wrote: I've a ton of books but don't intend to swap or sell any of them. Some of them were bought when we were free and would be confiscated going through customs now.

Aha so you like Paladin Press as well Smile

4 December 2011, 00:10,
as well as others. I have an interest in many things.
Skean Dhude
4 December 2011, 11:52,
sounds like a good idea to me
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
4 December 2011, 14:00,
(4 December 2011, 00:10)Skean Dhude Wrote: as well as others. I have an interest in many things.

Yeah I heard about the Lapdancing classes TongueBig Grin

4 December 2011, 18:38,
Pole dancing.... Nobody is strong enough for me to be in their lap and nobody wants me that close anyway. It's the only way to make cash nowadays. Smile
Skean Dhude