Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi
5 August 2013, 23:33,
Hi
Hi,
I've been a regular reader of these forums for around 18 months, but have now decided it's time to participate more actively. I started prepping after a long winter's night drive to collect relatives from an airport - my daydreams as I drove suddenly hit me. I realised I was driving down a snowy motorway in a car with a fan belt that screamed at anything over 2000rpm. I thought forward, and also realised that I was miles from anywhere with nothing but a light jacket for protection. My entire life depended on the car, the engine, the fan belt. When I made it safely home, I vowed I would never put myself - or my family - into such a reckless position again. This site has been a great help, and whilst I have little specific experience or knowledge, I hope to continue to learn from the rest of you.
Regards
6 August 2013, 05:20,
RE: Hi
Welcome watchwayer, There is much on this site but requires a great deal of searching. Do not become dismayed, keep searching and you will be rewarde with much valuable knowledge. Kenneth Eames.
6 August 2013, 06:29,
hello and welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
6 August 2013, 07:21,
Hello and welcome
Failure is NOT an option
6 August 2013, 08:06,
Welcome to the forum from the Scottish Highlands

You have found out that it is not just doomsday that preppers prepare for,..there are many other much smaller events that we sometimes need to think about
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 August 2013, 09:18,
Hello and welcome. Hope you pick up a lot more than having a spare fan belt and some warm clothing.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 August 2013, 09:42,
hello and welcome from Norfolk Smile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
6 August 2013, 10:58,
Welcome from South Bucks Smile
6 August 2013, 12:15,
Hi Swatchwayer - and welcome, from SW Scotland. Smile

6 August 2013, 15:19,
Hi from a normally East Lancs but currently in field in Co Durham