Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knives make a note of this
7 December 2011, 09:42,
Knives make a note of this
On the BBC Breakfast show this morning 07/12/11 they ran an article by the British Red Cross ( So thats two government recognised bodies) that you should carry in your car an essential survival kit.

It included Torch, Whistle, Food, Bottled Water, Essential Documents and a POCKET KNIFE
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-16051593

So there you go you are being TOLD that a sensible motorist will keep a knife, flashlight etc in your vehicle, Just cause I believe, and handy to be able to wave in a cops face if neccessary !!!

7 December 2011, 10:41,
RE: Knives make a note of this
I carry legal edc knife and I was told as long as I never say to police that I would use it in self-defence or any other reason to use it as a weapon, that the police can't do a thing about it, now in the real world I am sure there is the odd police man that would confiscate it or arrest me, but by law we are allowed to carry.

This is not about knifes over 3 inch or work tools.

Get yourself an edc that although won't lock has a very stiff placement once blade is in open position.

My family are licence to carry anyway can have swords in truck if I wanted to, as long as we are going to training, and as I have mates that teach I could say I was on route to train anytime, as there is no law as to what time people can or cannot train.

Just for the record I don't take advantage of this.
7 December 2011, 10:55, (This post was last modified: 7 December 2011, 10:56 by NorthernRaider.)
I wont have a non locking blade, they are just to unsafe. EG at this very moment I am trying to repair the silicone sealand around my bedroom double glazing and I'm using both a scraper and my older voyager, if I was using a non locking blade it WOULD have snapped back on my fingers just because of the weird angles I'm trying to work out whilst hanging out the window.
Mind you if anyone sees any new 3 inch voyager tantos for sale let me know and I can retire this 4 inch one.

7 December 2011, 10:59,
(7 December 2011, 10:55)NorthernRaider Wrote: I wont have a non locking blade, they are just to unsafe. EG at this very moment I am trying to repair the silicone sealand around my bedroom double glazing and I'm using both a scraper and my older voyager, if I was using a non locking blade it WOULD have snapped back on my fingers just because of the weird angles I'm trying to work out whilst hanging out the window.
Mind you if anyone sees any new 3 inch voyager tantos for sale let me know and I can retire this 4 inch one.

I fully understand what you’re saying, but we are talking on the street and legal not at home DIY, and you can't carry any locking knife, so compromise with very stiff non locker, or get nicked.
7 December 2011, 11:06,
Oddly enough you will never guess what blades I have EDCed the most over the last month or so, A 2 inch blade tech mouse ite, and a 2 inch Spyderco Meerkat they are just so bloody convenient.

7 December 2011, 12:11,
I carry on my keyring a Swiss Army knife given to me a long time ago. Very handy it has been,

I've been refused entry to places because of it. That is fine. One was a court and the other was a weapons manufacturer, the irony.

I'd go to court over it rather than accept a caution or confiscation. Obviously I'd prefer it didn't come to that but with the way things are going you never know especially with our crap government.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 December 2011, 14:07,
i carry a lock knife with a 3inch blade in a pouch on my belt, you will never be able to see it because of the type of clothes i wear, i dont go waving it about in peoples faces, but it is my EDC and it goes everywhere with me.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 December 2011, 14:17,
when we talk about locking knives do things like these Opinels with their safety rings count as locking blades?

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/opinel_carbon...ge_knives/
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
7 December 2011, 14:19,
(7 December 2011, 14:17)preservefreak Wrote: when we talk about locking knives do things like these Opinels with their safety rings count as locking blades?

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/opinel_carbon...ge_knives/

yes
7 December 2011, 20:03, (This post was last modified: 7 December 2011, 20:46 by JD1.)
A chap got thrown in the cells for having a sub 3" folding SAK in his pocket when boarding the Eurostar. Accused of having a concealed weapon.

I have a locking blade on my leatherman but can get away with it due to my work, wouldn't try and get on a plane with it though Smile.
Here is a link to the story http://www.metro.co.uk/news/26023-brigad...e-on-train

It doesn't say it is a folder, I have seen two different articles, one said it was a Swiss army knife, the other said it was the sak card, in which case, if it's the same as mine, it would have been a fixed blade