Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troops coming back from Iraq...
15 December 2011, 10:56,
Troops coming back from Iraq...
If I heard correctly it's along the line of 5000 or so, coming back.(U.S.)
Considering the amount, I presume it's build up elsewhere maybe Iran or syria, Theres a large build up going on in Guam again and with the world police (U.S.Gov.) moving to the north of austrailia, it seems like the perfect staging posts for the middle east or China along with Hawaii as a closer base for troop staging. I think even America wouldnt take the Chinese on, just with how many people the Chinese could throw at them, It'd be like an unstopable tide of ants...although I wouldnt be suprised if it came on the news, as the U.S. Gov. seems to think it has the right to do what it damn well pleases anywhere on the planet and off it.
I'm having a bet on the U.S doing a pincer movement on Iran, them having the nukes and all, it'd have to be quick and hard so they dont fire on Israel as they threatened, but I think no matter how hard and fast they strike Israels gonna cop it in some form. So one pincer from syria where we'll no doubt be going next to render humanitarian aid... and one from afghanistan. But then you have to take he russians and the Chinese into the equation, as they've been supplying Iran with war materials. If it goes wrong for the U.S. this could be a BIG bloodbath, that even if the rest of the world isnt in on it, I think we'd feel its claws on our door.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
15 December 2011, 11:01,
RE: Troops coming back from Iraq...
thing is if america want's our services it gets it so we would be in that bloodbath???
to win the war, you must be willing to die
15 December 2011, 11:16,
No doubt...at least I'm too old to get conscripted...
I think that any way you look at it that part of the worlds in shit state order and its being flushed down the toilet big time, lets just hope we dont get flushed with it...

15 December 2011, 12:11,
Everyone is fed up with this and I would guess that they wouldn't get much support. Even the US is getting fed up of being the leader and making the biggest commitment.

The US public sees themselves as helping the world by keeping peace. They are hated for it and their sons and daughters die. Now they are thinking forget it. If others want to go we will help but we ain't going firtst. Sure the world still hates them but this time they save their children and the cash. The Americans are good people lead by monkeys.

If anything happens it will be Israel that does it, with backdoor US help. Personally I feel for them with their neighbours and the UN and world opinion. I'm coming around to the feeling that we should just nuke the entire area, minus Israel, and drill through the glass for the oil. It's more trouble that it is worth.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 December 2011, 12:21, (This post was last modified: 15 December 2011, 12:31 by mikebratcher69.)
Funnily enough I was thinking about nuking the middle east myself... Well not myself, I wouldnt want to be branded a terrorist...
Over the years I've gained many American friends and have always found them to be the best, most respectful and decent people you could ever wish to meet, many times on American survival boards, I've been invited over for thanksgiving or just for a few days on the ranges. You really could'nt wish to talk to or meet a more friendly people. Many a time I've contemplated hireing a boat to sail the 3000 miles myself just to say thanks.
I've even had folks welcome me into there survival comunity, you realy couldnt ask for a higher honour.
Like you said SD the people and what they stand for are great, its just a shame the governments trying to destroy the land of the free and the home of the brave.
The weird thing is on one hand the U.S. Government is saying preppers are terrorists, and our own Government too says if you have certain Paladin press material you can be considered as having materials likely to be of use to a terrorist...
Like they cant download there own copies...
But on the other hand the Depatment of homeland security has a preparedness section and activly encouages you to prepare...http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/citizens-preparedness.shtm and wants you to be part of the citizen corps, which basicaly is waht preppers do anyway.
I presume its the free thinkers they dont like, be a prepper but under our watchful gaze, be as prepared as we want you to be, do as I say not as I do...
15 December 2011, 15:47,
Mike,

It is because they are incompetent at organising anything. It does have the added benefit, to them, that many people will fall into a catagory that now allows them to be held without charge or trial.

Ah, the whiff of freedom as it disappears. All hail the state.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 December 2011, 17:02,
(15 December 2011, 11:16)mikebratcher69 Wrote: No doubt...at least I'm too old to get conscripted...
I think that any way you look at it that part of the worlds in shit state order and its being flushed down the toilet big time, lets just hope we dont get flushed with it...

Over 65 Eh ?, cos thats the current UK call up age limit, There is two surgeons both aged 62 who got dragged off to Afghanistan not so long ago.

15 December 2011, 18:53, (This post was last modified: 15 December 2011, 18:54 by mikebratcher69.)
DAMN !!!
DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!

Just call me grampa...
15 December 2011, 19:04, (This post was last modified: 15 December 2011, 19:04 by bigpaul.)
NorthernRaider )

Over 65 Eh ?, cos thats the current UK call up age limit, There is two surgeons both aged 62 who got dragged off to Afghanistan not so long ago.
[/quote Wrote:
i take it this is only for highly skilled high ranking officers NR? brother in law told sister that NCO's couldnt serve after the age of 40!
[quote='NorthernRaider' )

i take it this is only for highly skilled high ranking officers NR? brother in law told sister that NCO's couldnt serve after the age of 40!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 December 2011, 20:35,
(15 December 2011, 19:04)bigpaul Wrote: [quote='NorthernRaider' )

NorthernRaider )

[/quote Wrote:

Depends entirely on the speciality of your skills as well as your rank, bog standard squaddoes are out at about 40, Officers 55, but if you are and expert they can treat you the same as a Field Marshall and keep you til your 80.