Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
By way of Introduction
7 October 2013, 21:40,
By way of Introduction
Hi Everyone

By way of introduction:

56 years old.
Been preping for many years although not vigorously until very recently.
Have already survived in hostile situations on several occasions due to homelessness. The longest for almost 6 months, it is surprising how warm a chicken shed can be Big Grin

Current project: Looking for information on how to build a self-contained temperature regulated solar powered dehydrator so that I can start to put away dehydrated foods for the inevitable EOTWAWKI (End of the world as we know it) and to keep it going for the foreseeable future once the SHHTF (shit has hit the fan) or put another way TDTSHTF (The day the shit hits the fan).

I personally believe its coming to the UK probably before it hits some other countries then gloably. We only have to look at what has happened in Europe over the last two years to see the banking systems loading debt on nations which has been bringing them to their knees. In the last two years we have had Southern Ireland, Cyprus, Spain, Greece and Italy.

Historically we only need to look at what has happened in may third world countries to see the IMF and WTO along with the Bretton Woods Institutes going about the business of globalisation of poverty in a very deliberate fashion. I could go into a very long conversation regarding this. However, this would be counter productive for the purpose of introduction and preping. If anyone would like conversation about this please ask, we can take it as a side conversation in another thread.

The UK debt is substantially higher and when TDTSHTF happens it is going to hit us much harder. Our debt is the second highest in the world, second only to the USA.

Therefore I am expecting a catalytic event to occur in the near future. Probably within 12 months.

I urge all of you who have started preparations for TDTSHTF to go over everything you have in stock, check all equipment, ensure your lines of communication with those you have chosen to accompany you on this journey, keep your plans secret from the wider community and ensure you have adequate stocks at your chosen sites for at least 12 months. Oh and obtain as much heritage seeds and non hybrid seeds as you can afford to purchase (preferably perennials). You will need them in order to survive beyond 12 months.

Well that is my introduction. Probably not the normal... Hi everyone, I'm kinda lost here and am…eh looking for new friends... eh maybe we can go for a drink sometime and meet up.... eh let me think of some other woosey wooly things to chat about.

Sorry if I don't meet the standard intro....I am firm in my resolve and know where I am heading.

However, there are some ideas that could be of potential interest. So these will be introduced via the various threads available.

Grist to your mills. Keep it going.

Spuzz.
7 October 2013, 21:47,
RE: By way of Introduction
Welcome to the forum from the Scottish Highlands,... you are thinking alone the same lines as most of us
A major part of survival is invisibility.
7 October 2013, 21:51,
Hello and welcome
Failure is NOT an option
7 October 2013, 23:09,
(7 October 2013, 21:40)Spuzzana Wrote: Historically we only need to look at what has happened in may third world countries to see the IMF and WTO along with the Bretton Woods Institutes going about the business of globalisation of poverty in a very deliberate fashion. I could go into a very long conversation regarding this. However, this would be counter productive for the purpose of introduction and preping. If anyone would like conversation about this please ask, we can take it as a side conversation in another thread.

Nice intro. I don't think you will find many disagreeing with you.

One thing though I want to avoid discussions on economics and globalisation, take it to email instead of a thread. We all now about the thread I just want to discuss things we can do to prepare not discuss the issues themselves.

I don't now how you can get a self segulating solar dehydrator. The hotter the day the hotter the unit. Obviously powered ones just power off when they reach max.

Look forward to reading about your experiences.

If you are interested in meets then best give us the rough area where you are.There are a couple of groups already set up ranging from Scotland, Cheshire and the South West.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 October 2013, 23:55,
Hi Skean Dhude

Thank you.

I appreciate not wanting to discuss economics and globalisation. Its not what I am really about in any case.

Really interested even if I am not able to participate, in providing ideas that other may be able to use and take to the next level.

Community is one area that I am particularly interested in and how to put together a cohesive community that will be resilient to future prospects.

Alternative money/currency/banking systems that will enable communities to flourish.

Hidden food resources.

Where should I post these ideas?
7 October 2013, 23:58,
http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=52
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 October 2013, 23:58,
Forgot to add.

Located at the end of a Welsh valley in mid Wales Smile
8 October 2013, 00:00,
(7 October 2013, 23:58)Spuzzana Wrote: Forgot to add.

Located at the end of a Welsh valley in mid Wales Smile

Welcome to the forum.

Lampeter area then. Very out of the way.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 October 2013, 00:05,
(7 October 2013, 21:40)Spuzzana Wrote: Hi Everyone

By way of introduction:

56 years old.
Been preping for many years although not vigorously until very recently.
Have already survived in hostile situations on several occasions due to homelessness. The longest for almost 6 months, it is surprising how warm a chicken shed can be Big Grin

Current project: Looking for information on how to build a self-contained temperature regulated solar powered dehydrator so that I can start to put away dehydrated foods for the inevitable EOTWAWKI (End of the world as we know it) and to keep it going for the foreseeable future once the SHHTF (shit has hit the fan) or put another way TDTSHTF (The day the shit hits the fan).

I personally believe its coming to the UK probably before it hits some other countries then gloably. We only have to look at what has happened in Europe over the last two years to see the banking systems loading debt on nations which has been bringing them to their knees. In the last two years we have had Southern Ireland, Cyprus, Spain, Greece and Italy.

Historically we only need to look at what has happened in may third world countries to see the IMF and WTO along with the Bretton Woods Institutes going about the business of globalisation of poverty in a very deliberate fashion. I could go into a very long conversation regarding this. However, this would be counter productive for the purpose of introduction and preping. If anyone would like conversation about this please ask, we can take it as a side conversation in another thread.

The UK debt is substantially higher and when TDTSHTF happens it is going to hit us much harder. Our debt is the second highest in the world, second only to the USA.

Therefore I am expecting a catalytic event to occur in the near future. Probably within 12 months.

I urge all of you who have started preparations for TDTSHTF to go over everything you have in stock, check all equipment, ensure your lines of communication with those you have chosen to accompany you on this journey, keep your plans secret from the wider community and ensure you have adequate stocks at your chosen sites for at least 12 months. Oh and obtain as much heritage seeds and non hybrid seeds as you can afford to purchase (preferably perennials). You will need them in order to survive beyond 12 months.

Well that is my introduction. Probably not the normal... Hi everyone, I'm kinda lost here and am…eh looking for new friends... eh maybe we can go for a drink sometime and meet up.... eh let me think of some other woosey wooly things to chat about.

Sorry if I don't meet the standard intro....I am firm in my resolve and know where I am heading.

However, there are some ideas that could be of potential interest. So these will be introduced via the various threads available.

Grist to your mills. Keep it going.

Spuzz.
Hello and welcome Spuzz. Seems you have real life experience of surviving a rough situation, that is invaluable experience.

LAC
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
8 October 2013, 01:26,
hi from sunny worcestershire, iv been homeless too squating no chicken sheds Smile
Survive the jive (youtube )