Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-contained temperature regulated solar powered dehydrator
9 October 2013, 21:32,
RE: Self-contained temperature regulated solar powered dehydrator
Okay, just had a quick look at the links, thanks.

Two ways of looking at these basic kits.

a) stay well clear. Unless you are a keen DIY enthusiast, you're going to hit many a brick wall assembling this lot from scratch. The delicate cells and their connections must be soldered together in a suitable housing that is 100% sealed and protected against the weather and environment otherwise they'll break down in no time. You'll have to provide a heck of a lot more than you realise. Mate of mine who is a dab hand at DIY tried something like this for his boat and it worked, for a little while, and then it went tits up cos the weather got in just enough to start the corrosion. He spent a lot of time, effort and money and ended up regretting it. They are without warranty and I love the way they say "Good luck!" at the end of their summary! Dodgy

b) great if you want to learn about solar panels from scratch and have a workshop and plenty of time and resources at hand. It will be a learning experience that perhaps, one day, will put you in good stead ie if you get a free panel cos it isn't working and you manage to fix it. Cool

Whichever way, definitely go for the cheap kit first and see how the cookie crumbles. "Good luck!" Big Grin
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Self-contained temperature regulated solar powered dehydrator - by Nix - 9 October 2013, 21:32