Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar BACK UP kit not full time OFFGRID ? help please?
28 October 2013, 11:34, (This post was last modified: 28 October 2013, 11:36 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Solar BACK UP kit not full time OFFGRID ? help please?
Nix thanks very much for the feedback and advice it will be very useful to many of us, One point though for me and a few others in particular is I want to built and uber simple system that does not have a battery in the system, A direct charge from a PV panel through a hub to the device if you will. Like the sort of devices you can get that directly charge I phones from a clip on mini PV panel.

I'm not looking to STORE the energy generated you see, I want a system I can set up in minutes when the sun is out or the skies clear to directly charge devices.

Can you advice on the best way of achieving a battery free system, the kid next door has a PV panel as an integral part of his school rucksack which he uses to top up his I pad as he walks to school, its that route I'm looking for to begin with.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seperately Ta again for showing the shortcoming in the off the shelf water pump, so again I would like to find a panel and pump that will lift water at least 2 meters to 3 meters even if its only a steady trickle during daylight hours.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm looking for self contained ( integral battery) solar powered rechargable LED lights that can be stored away quickly then deployed if TSHTF, I storngly desire keeping all three systems as self contained seperate systems.
Thanks again
NR

Ooops forgot to mention I already have 1 x 80 watt monocystaline panel, 10 amp charge controller and leads to play with, it would be nice if there was a way of utilising that panel into the direct charge battery free system if possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solar BACK UP kit not full time OFFGRID ? help please? - by NorthernRaider - 28 October 2013, 11:34