Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar BACK UP kit not full time OFFGRID ? help please?
30 October 2013, 12:28,
RE: Solar BACK UP kit not full time OFFGRID ? help please?
(27 October 2013, 19:20)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(27 October 2013, 16:26)bigpaul Wrote: i'll probably get jumped on from a great height for this, but IF we are talking POST SHTF and i'm assuming we are, why does anyone WANT electricity once the power has gone off for good? wouldn't it be better to alter your lifestyle to suit the times? just my personal thoughts so don't all shout at once!!!Big GrinBig Grin

That is the beauty of prepping. You make your own choices and prep for what you want.

Most of us want to retain electrickery for as long as we can. Solar panels will only last about 25 years so we should make the most of it while we can.

Agreed, but keeping this in mind we should always aim to use what we have, i.e. solar post SHTF to get us to that point, may be 25 years or so hence when it no longer works and you can't get or have run out of spare parts or can't repair it yourself, so that you have better life style, or future generations do, than you or they may have had.
What I am saying is some will plan regression to a simpler life immediate post SHTF, but others should, if using the like of solar or even wind or hydro power, plan for that regression in say 25 years or so time.
Please don't think you can just carry on as normal for ever.
One last point on the latter, watch you security.
Don't want the night lit up like saying 'free food here'.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solar BACK UP kit not full time OFFGRID ? help please? - by John - 30 October 2013, 12:28