Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Green Scythe Fair.
21 December 2011, 16:17,
The Green Scythe Fair.
can i recommend the following: The South Somerset Green Fair & Scythe Festival, held annually on the 2nd Sunday in June @ Thorney Lakes campsite, Muchelney nr Langport, Somerset TA10 0DW just off the A303, £5 per person entry, children free, free car parking. commences at 11a.m. includes a display of hand scything against a petrol strimmer, stalls including books, pots and pans, food, leatherwork, woodworking, pole lathing, wood stoves, and several examples of horse drawn vehicles, look out for the old French van selling ice creams to die for!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 December 2011, 18:14,
RE: The Green Scythe Fair.
Sounds like a date for the diary. Thanks for that.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 December 2011, 11:05,
we have been going for several years now SD, can thoroughly recommend it!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 December 2011, 11:55,
I've added it to the calendar on the system. I'll look at the code and add that to the main site. (To many things to do and because I lost my emails I lost a lot of good feedback on changes to be made)
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 December 2011, 11:06,
I got excited for a minute ehen I misread pole lathing for pole dancing...Damn.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
23 December 2011, 11:16, (This post was last modified: 23 December 2011, 11:19 by NorthernRaider.)
Visions of BP dancing naked round the May pole with Mike and Skeane sing " all around my hat I will WEar the green willow"... Shudders uncontrolably !!!!!
Go to the Green Sythe fair and check out the Assault Systems Tactical mangel worzels, gaze with awe at the load bearing cider bottle carrying vest, gasp with delight at the Digital Cammo Combine Harvester fitted with IR sights Smile

23 December 2011, 11:48,
(23 December 2011, 11:16)NorthernRaider Wrote: Go to the Green Sythe fair and check out the Assault Systems Tactical mangel worzels, gaze with awe at the load bearing cider bottle carrying vest, gasp with delight at the Digital Cammo Combine Harvester fitted with IR sights Smile

you can laugh my friend, you would be surprised at all the useful stuff at this event, i've had bushcraft knives, stewpot and frying pan, the guy from the Rocket Stove company was there 2 years ago, another guy always there is the seller of wood fired stoves similar to your Little Wenlock.
23 December 2011, 12:01, (This post was last modified: 23 December 2011, 12:04 by NorthernRaider.)
I can only respond with this You Tube video of a country rock concert Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=013O6kAa3Yg&feature=fvsr
West Country Heavy Metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dct_VJNLv...re=related

23 December 2011, 16:01,
(23 December 2011, 12:01)NorthernRaider Wrote: I can only respond with this You Tube video of a country rock concert Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=013O6kAa3Yg&feature=fvsr
West Country Heavy Metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dct_VJNLv...re=related
I know you think everyone in the west country talks like the Wurzels but it aint so, i take you over to see OH's friend one day-he talks broad Devonshire and i do mean broad!
5 January 2012, 16:47,
How could I not go to this? It has my name on!!! A festival/fair for me!!! That's what I call a welcome!!!

As long as the misses doesn't make plans, I'll be there.