Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Hi from s/west, my cv
28 December 2013, 10:53,
Hi from s/west, my cv
Hi there, my wife and myself feel a little more secureity in the knowledge that we are as self reliant as possible, we have a small holding where we try to produce as much as we can for our needs. We are currently sorting out a bore hole, next year it will be a small turbine and some panels.
I have been into survival weekends/ roughing it for about thirty years, particularly interested in the foraging, living off the land side of it.
The skills I have come from my life living and working in the countryside, initially farming, then slaughtering, full time trapper and pest control the last sixteen years.
My weakness is health, had an inoperable brain tumor until four years ago, then it started taking my sight so they went in anyway, raging success, but it has buggered up a few parts of my body. Small change though compared to their cheery earlier prognosis.
Don't think there's a great deal more to say other than looking forwards to giving what I can, and hoping to learn what I can from you folks.
28 December 2013, 10:57,
RE: Hi from s/west, my cv
hello and welcome from Norfolk
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
28 December 2013, 11:01,
hi and welcome from East Lancs
28 December 2013, 11:03,
welcome, from north Devon.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 December 2013, 11:31,
Hello and welcome
28 December 2013, 11:39,
Hello and welcome sounds like a great life style and what is now looking like a long life.
Failure is NOT an option
28 December 2013, 16:51, (This post was last modified: 28 December 2013, 16:57 by MoleTrapper.)
Thanks for the welcome folks!
I'm sure most of us have crossed paths on other forums, I know it's not great opsec but I nearly always use the same pseudonym.
I am on bbs a lot as airguns figure highly in my work, also on wsf as I really enjoy sea fishing " mainly shore" when I can give myself the time off. Stalking directory is another regular, we used to do a lot of deer management through the business, but do less these days as it dies not pay anywhere near as well as rabbit and mile control.
Do an awful lot of reading in the winter " no tv for 20 years" , but spring summer and autumn every hour were not out working, were either working the land or in the Polly tunnels.

Oh blow! Sorry predictive spelling, can't see an edit button, will preview posts from now on.Rolleyes

Oh blow! Sorry predictive spelling, can't see an edit button, will preview posts from now on.Rolleyes

Thanks for the welcome folks!
I'm sure most of us have crossed paths on other forums, I know it's not great opsec but I nearly always use the same pseudonym.
I am on bbs a lot as airguns figure highly in my work, also on wsf as I really enjoy sea fishing " mainly shore" when I can give myself the time off. Stalking directory is another regular, we used to do a lot of deer management through the business, but do less these days as it dies not pay anywhere near as well as rabbit and mile control.
Do an awful lot of reading in the winter " no tv for 20 years" , but spring summer and autumn every hour were not out working, were either working the land or in the Polly tunnels.
28 December 2013, 18:05,
Hello and welcome from londonistan
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
28 December 2013, 20:56,
Welcome from Devon
28 December 2013, 22:03, (This post was last modified: 28 December 2013, 22:04 by Highlander.)
Welcome to the forum from the Scottish Highlands

Gawd,.. you reminded me,.. the time I used to trap moles for a `tanner a tail`
A major part of survival is invisibility.