Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK prepares emergency measures for euro collapse
29 December 2011, 12:53,
UK prepares emergency measures for euro collapse
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l?ITO=1490

From a link on Infowars...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
29 December 2011, 12:59,
RE: UK prepares emergency measures for euro collapse
Just goes to show that even politicians cannot avoid the inevitable.

Thanks for this Mike.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 December 2011, 13:30,
Make no mistake people now is not the time for blinkered vision and rose tinted glasses, oil prices rose at least $4 dollars abarrel yesterday because there was a rumor the Iranians were going to shut the straits of Hormuz, It's only come down $2 hense a rise still of $2 a barrel. The U.S. has sent three aircraft carriers of the 5th fleet to the straits of hormuz with the rest powering its way as we speak. The U.S. has told Iran it WONT let them shut the straights, the Iranians said they will if they want to.
Posturing or not it will affect the oil prices dramaticaly, still dont think it concerns you? How do you think your food gets shipped to this country? or even food grown here? it goes by sea, air rail and road. What does all that transport use? OIL.
If oil goes up so will food prices its all linked.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
30 December 2011, 05:54,
Yes, absolutely right Mike. Apart from Fuel and food prices, it will affect Industry, and many other oils used in the home and for tool sharpening, fertilizers, etc.. Think about it for a while and you will come up with a whole list of things affected. Kenneth Eames.
30 December 2011, 10:44,
NR did a list once of all the things that were made from oil, if oil gets more expensive or when it eventually runs out, then we will ALL have to adapt to a different lifestyle.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 December 2011, 22:20,
My worry (living in NI) concerns how the government plans to deal with its only land border with the Eurozone EU, i.e., ours with the Republic of Ireland. If they try to close it or mount checkpoints, that would be construed as provocative by one community here (but largely welcomed by the other), so they might think about allowing the Republic to be a special case as long as they agree to impose similar restrictions on would-be travellers from mainland EU.
31 December 2011, 02:38,
I doubt it. That border has always been porous. When it was Ireland and the IRA were from there the UK couldn't keep it sealed.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
31 December 2011, 06:18,
It is possible that the Republic could revert to Sterling as Europe breaks up. I think this would be a good thing. Ireland is still largely an Agriculural society. This could mean that food would be available to Britain. Kenneth Eames.
31 December 2011, 08:29,
I think the UK has always treated RoI differently to other EU states and besides, there are at least two important strategic reasons why NI has to be included in any UK-wide contingency planning, namely, the huge MI5 back office near Belfast and a training base run by ex special forces and currently being used by the US to train bodyguards for the 2012 Olympics. So, just as the RoI is not part of the Schengen visa zone (pretty much at the UK's insistence, one suspects), it might also be exempted from any emergency ban on travel from the EU, just as long as it too enacts the same ban. I can see the other Eurozone states not being very happy about that... As you say KE, maybe the RoI needs to revert to Sterling again... They already use it in border areas at present anyway, even in parking meters!
31 December 2011, 12:01,
in the newspapers this morning, they reckon the Eurozone will fall into recession this year(2012 that is).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.