Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice your situational awareness.
29 December 2011, 20:23,
Practice your situational awareness.
Hello there fellow infidels...Big Grin

The aim of this exercise is to raise the level of your awareness.
What do I mean?
well, when your driving your car frequently look in your rear view mirror and side mirrors at the traffic and people behind and around you, following cars, parked cars, vans people hanging about etc.
Has there been a particular car behind you for a while? Ahah!! Mi5, Cool FBI, gang bangers...maybe nobody just coincidence... Dodgy take the next turning, still following? turn again, still following or not? action time!! From personal experience AND training, if somebody follows you turn for turn three times or more its time to be suspicious and time to take action!!! Dodgy
First things first, when travelling to the same place such as a place of work, vary your route from day to day if you can.
If not dont worry, just try too amplify your awareness of whats going on around you, it gains you extra time to respond to the situation.
The thinking behind situational awareness is just that, it gains you time, time to react, to a car following you, to a terrorist at the road side with an overly stuffed rucksack (but with the new information about white terror cells, they could look like B.P. in combats with a rucksackTongue) with protruding wires...giving you time to think what to do, so you react in a calm way, not rushed or panicked which leads to mistakes, and possibly your death. Whether on foot patrol or in a vehicle, heightened situational awareness gains you vital seconds advance warning to react before your enemy reacts to you. After the three or more turns with cars following you, the time to act is right.
The choice on what to do is ultimatly up to you but in high stress combat situations, this would involve making possibly one more turn, then if the vehicle still follows, de camping with weapons pointed at the following vehicle, the rest depends on what the following car then does.
In civilian life slow down, allowing the vehicle adequate time to pass, if they dont pass, pull over in a safe place to see if they pass or stop behind you. do this twice, if on the second time they stop again its time for action, again measure your response, turn off your engine lock your doors and wait for a reaction, If you have your mobile on you dial 999 but dont press send unless they attack, if they drive off alls well and safe for you to move off after a few minutes.
Now coincidence is a very strange thing, 2+2 usualy equals 4, but sometimes it can equal 22... Not in reality but your brain thinks it does.
Now during combat, lines get blurred but during civvy life if you screech to a holt and point your crossbow at ethel whoes just lost behind you and panics and stops every time you stop, that'll not go down well with plod...
You see whilst the folowing vehicle may be bad guys, it could also be a housewife on her way to ballet (or ethel on her way to bridge) with the kids whos lost and is just following you because she thinks your lost too and she thinks you know where your going...
So again be aware of who's in the following car. If it looks like a mummy battering two kids in the back seat, be aware but not as aware as if it were two beefy men in dark glasses...Big Grin
This doesnt apply if your doing your moptorcycle test by the way, as the instructor follows you, so dont decamp and shoot him, at the very least you'll fail your test...Big Grin
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
29 December 2011, 20:58,
RE: Practice your situational awareness.
My situational awareness has gone all to pot in a matter of months.

One thing about the turns and stops. It may raise their concerns. Best to turn a couple of times, drive round to a letter box, post nothing but pretend to do so and drive home again. It'll give them something for their notebook but will explain why you drove round in a big circle. Or drive to someones house and then wait a few mins and then drive out.

Go to a cash point at a garage before phoning plod but just check your balance. Add that they have followed you since the ATM into the phone call. Video will be available at the garage.

We have a big park around where I live. You can get to it from the road in seconds. Park the car and walk, don't run, into the park. Circle around quickly when out of sight and watch your car. Or arrange for a friend to watch it and see if anyone goes near it. Video the encounter if possible so you can see what they did to your car. If they put something on the car take it off but leave it in the glove compartment. Some are worth £10K+. Then one day when out and no visible tail, they won't tail you visibly if they have the device, throw it in the sea.

Try not to shake them off if you are in the clear. It makes you look suspicious and they will then be more careful. Pretend you have not seen them and then do absolutly nothing. Don't visit anyone, phone anyone or email anyone excepts family. Send boring pictures about your cat.

They monitor hundreds of innocent people. Make sure you fall into that catagory.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 December 2011, 21:39,
excellent advice SD, I can see you've done your research...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
30 December 2011, 05:41,
SD and Mike, Thanks for these posts. I will try to post some material at some time on this theme but at the present am very busy writing other material. Kenneth Eames.
30 December 2011, 10:23,
having been brought up in a city i know all about being aware of your situation , i still dont like people walking up close behind me, i move to one side and let them pass, when sitting in a cafe i always sit with my back to a wall, driving i'm always aware of cars that seem to be following me, so far its just been people going the same way. at tills and cash points watch your pin number, if people get too close(my sister in law has the answer she) say's "excuse me, you are invading my personal space", it works, see them back off!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.