Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Fun
20 April 2014, 11:15,
Forum Fun
Hello Everyone

I'm going to be doing a lot of skills training over the next few months. Whose up for joining in?

Even if you live 400 miles away, that's fine. The idea is to focus on one specific skill set, and practice, then tell everyone of what you've found, what your sticking points are, and also ask for help.

This month I'm doing a lot of hunting, tracking, and stalking (deer, not women).

If you're up for it, I'll pop out a skill, then say how I'm going to be practicing it. Once that's done, practice the same skills, tell how you did it, and the alike.

Whose up for that?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
20 April 2014, 11:22,
RE: Forum Fun
Good idea scythe.

Suggest that Thread titles are clear and unambiguous, and that discussions are kept closely on track. That way the treads will become a valuable knowledge resource.

Meanwhile, I'll keep plodding along in the same old way.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

20 April 2014, 11:24,
Awesome. Thanks LS.

Please note, the equipment required will be of minimal costing, and the skills learned will be very valuable.
20 April 2014, 18:49,
Stalking deer??

I thought you were supposed to sit quietly on the back porch and wait for them to come down to the salt block in the back garden!
23 April 2014, 13:14,
Okay, I'm going to run with this and hopefully as many people as are interested in improving their skills will join in.

I'm sorry if the skill set is not to your liking, but this is about each person experimenting and seeing what works for them. So there are going to be no right or wrong answers, it's just a log of experiences.

The main skill I'm looking to practice over the coming months, hunting. I'm looking at pigeon, rabbit, and deer.

Please do not think this means it's hunting season! This is simple an exercise to help improve skills.

If you're up for it, please let me know. Also, failure is clearly an option. Without failure, there is no progress. It's better to fail amongst friends trying to help each other improve, than it is to fail when your life depends on it.

If you're up for it, please say so on this thread.
23 April 2014, 23:09,
Im in, been a long time since ive been hunting so my skills probably need sharpening back up.