Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off -Grid online discussing the growing prepper network
2 January 2012, 22:20,
Off -Grid online discussing the growing prepper network
http://www.off-grid.net/2011/10/28/prepp...or-market/

3 January 2012, 01:59,
RE: Off -Grid online discussing the growing prepper network
NR, A good article. Thank you for this. I will be searching out more people this year. I have started searching out another two who are now taking an interest in what I am saying. Articles such as this can be presented to other people to see their reaction. I leave print-outs of such articles when I am with people to see their reaction. I have the bit between my teeth now. Kenneth Eames.
3 January 2012, 12:33,
The whole area is expanding. It will be interesting seeing how it goes.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 January 2012, 12:47,
Prepping, Survivalism, Sustainable communitys, Transition Communitys, Off Gridders, Small Holders, Home Steaders and allotment holders the lines of distinction are getting very blurred.

3 January 2012, 13:11, (This post was last modified: 3 January 2012, 13:20 by mikebratcher69.)
I think its sort of parralels the army, where your all in the same service but do different jobs.

I could see a survivalist, prepper comunity, where everyone has their own job, say elderly women look after the babies and kids whilst the able men and women hunt and gather, maybe farm pieces of land as well, elderly men looking after the farm animals etc... Rotating security duty for the injured or less able, ready to raise the alarm in case of attack from raiders and such...
I dont think theres a black and white line between the types you put in your post NR, Its black and white between sheeple and preppers I think, you either "do" or you "dont" but with the groups in your post I think were sort of after the same thing in a similar yet disimilar way, I'm not 100% on that but like you say the lines very blurry if its there at all, Maybe preppers prep for the immediate after effects of shtf, but wouldnt we then move to being in a community off the grid probably small holders.. I dunno maybe we should all be blanketed with the old timers or yesteryears label. I think possibly a lot of the groups and us dislike modern life, not the things we use, such as hot water central heating etc, just the way its run and all the crime etc and would like a different way of life anyway, from my research,a lot of preppers would welcome a shtf scenario, not for the suffering it may bring but for a clean sweep of the dregs of society etc.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
3 January 2012, 13:46,
We watched a documentary recently about preppers in the US and our initial reaction was one of "typical, overindulgent, paranoid American" How wrong were we? The word "prepper" has only been in our vocabulary now for about 5 weeks or so but I suddenly think I should have it tattooed to my arm or something.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
3 January 2012, 13:54,
(3 January 2012, 13:11)mikebratcher69 Wrote: I think possibly a lot of the groups and us dislike modern life, not the things we use, such as hot water central heating etc, just the way its run and all the crime etc and time would like a different way of life anyway, from my research,a lot of preppers would welcome a shtf scenario, not for the suffering it may bring but for a clean sweep of the dregs of society etc.
yes, Mike, i think things have come so far that a lot of us would welcome a "clear out" of the junkies, alcoholics, the career criminals and the "never had a job" welfare scroungers, i do dislike modern life with its "whats it to you ?" attitude, i can remember a time before central heating and supermarkets, when our parents had larders and allotments, wife was brought up in a country cottage with an open fire and a well, with NO electric or running water, i would like to get back to a simple life without all the "material" vices, but maybe thats just me?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 January 2012, 14:26,
Nope me too, your not on your own there B.P. I think a lot of us a are like that...Smile
I mean we've already got our resident "witch" with kenneth, I can just see him in his pointy black hat mounted on a broomstick running up and down a lane...Tongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
3 January 2012, 14:31,
(3 January 2012, 14:26)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Nope me too, your not on your own there B.P. I think a lot of us a are like that...Smile
I mean we've already got our resident "witch" with kenneth, I can just see him in his pointy black hat mounted on a broomstick running up and down a lane...Tongue

wife's the witch in this area Mike, what with her lotions and potions! resident nutter called us "the witch & the wizard" the other night so i guess that makes it official!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 January 2012, 06:16, (This post was last modified: 4 January 2012, 06:20 by Kenneth Eames.)
I too, would like to live as I did as a boy. I would be prepared to give up my comforts such as central heating etc.. Getting up in the morning to a lovely hot kitchen, with the heat from a Larbert Range. It never went out. It was banked up at night and when you opened the damper in the morning it would flare up. In the living room we would have a fire and burn logs. People were quiet in those days, no loud music or other noise. The milkman had a push cart with churns and Half pint and one pint measures. The baker came with a horse and cart. I could go on but I would bore you.Kenneth Eames
BP, Is it time to set up the 'Preppers Coven'? Would anyone else be interested? If so, bring along your toads to the first meeting. It could be arranged!!!!! Kenneth Eames.