Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are the mods.
28 April 2014, 11:40,
We are the mods.
This is a lovely new intro thread brought to you by your friendly neighbourhood moderators.

Here we'll be introducing ourselves, and for Sunna (fair request mate) to explain why we think we would be good for the role.

Well, as many of you know, I'm Scythe13, I've been prepping for a good few years now. I have a lot of experience with bushcraft and am very passionate about learning new skills and teach other people what I've learned.

Why I think I'm going to be a good moderator.

Well, we all know I have had certain 'dealings' with members on the forum, and I have never made a personal attack or called anyone out in an aggressive way. No doubt NR will be the first person to confess that we've butted heads many times in the last few years, and each incident we have hit on, I have never made it into a personal attack and I still give NR his dues where appropiate/deserved. I try to keep threads on topic and am happy to start a new thread with the information from the previous one, to stop the original thread being derailed.

Although many people do like me on the forum, I recognise there are many others that do not. I am not bias towards anyone or against anyone. I like to empathise and understand a person's view point.

Beyond that, I don't know why else I would be a good moderator. I appreciate people's input towards how I can improve and better serve the forum (for the haters, feel free to PM me telling me to leave). I look forward to serving you all as well as I possibly can. If at any time you believe my time as moderator should come to an end, please feel free to PM me and SD and we can discuss that issue further.

I am excited to seeing the forum grow and develop, and am honoured to be able to be a part of it.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
We are the mods. - by Scythe13 - 28 April 2014, 11:40
RE: We are the mods. - by Barneyboy - 28 April 2014, 11:50
RE: We are the mods. - by River Song - 28 April 2014, 11:52
RE: We are the mods. - by Skean Dhude - 28 April 2014, 12:20
RE: We are the mods. - by Devonian - 28 April 2014, 13:10
RE: We are the mods. - by Tarrel - 28 April 2014, 20:44
RE: We are the mods. - by Razoromero - 29 May 2014, 22:23