Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC oil and gas and coal will run out in 5 yrs
21 May 2014, 12:28,
RE: BBC oil and gas and coal will run out in 5 yrs
I think it's interesting news from both DEV and Sunna.

If Fracking and the alike is capable of delaying the 'extinction' of oil, or prolonging the period of time for an alternative to be created/found, then that's fantastic.

However, this is a great reason for us to really look at how such a thing would effect our daily lives.

Oil and it's constituent hydrocarbons make up a massive percentage of medicines, plastics, and bonding materials. Couple this with the more obvious fuel, lubrication, etc, then we could well have more than just a problem for transport.

A loss of oil would mean a loss of medications! That'll be one of the biggest problems we'll have to face. I'm hoping, but planning that it probably won't happen in time, there will be an alternative created that will cover the fuel needs and such. But as I've said, I'm planning on that not happening.

One of my biggest fears with this, is the loss of lubricants for engines, and medication.

That prospect is as scarey, if not more so, than loss of fuel.

The reason for this, we already know that bio-fuel works. So the farming of bio-fuel style crops will become massive, fuel will be rationed, but food will continue to be transported, and grown.

However, a car with hardly any fuel can still run for a bit. But a car with no oil...think of it as just dead. You'll destroy your engine.

This thread is a good reminder to stock more engine oil though. Thanks Sunna.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: BBC oil and gas and coal will run out in 5 yrs - by Scythe13 - 21 May 2014, 12:28