Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cyber attack
3 June 2014, 12:18,
cyber attack
cyber attack in next 2 weeks.

what are you doing to protect your computer ...?

http://news.sky.com/story/1274201/cyber-...-two-weeks
Survive the jive (youtube )
3 June 2014, 12:49,
RE: cyber attack
don't no please help anyone Blush
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
3 June 2014, 12:54,
I was reading this story earlier and surely the likes of Symantec and McAfee etc should be the ones addressing this and giving us the tools needed?

Also if the FBI have broken it once, and know who's behind it, then action should be taken there as well.

There is not really much we can do ourselves, anti-virus software is updated automatically and files should already be backed up etc....
3 June 2014, 13:09,
last nights c4 news seemed to say that the attack comes through e mail in a file, so is the answer to not open any files sent via e mail...?
Survive the jive (youtube )
3 June 2014, 13:10, (This post was last modified: 3 June 2014, 13:11 by Scythe13.)
Computer infection rate in the UK is 0.02% (assuming 1 computer per person, think tablets, houses, laptops, smartphones, etc) Which means the odds of my computer not being infected is 99.98%. About the same risk as crossing the road.

Not too concerned.

If they take my bank details, I'll empty the account into another one that I have. Solved.

That too Sunna. Don't open suspect emails.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 June 2014, 13:15,
Tend to side with S13 on this.

With emails, you can generally spot a dodgy email, even when it's coming from someone you know.

Just don't ever be tempted to open something because you are not sure what it is and be especially careful of zipped/compressed/.exe files attached to emails, as they are the dodgy ones.

Same thing applies to links in emails.