Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn your mobile phones off when shopping or be tracked.
4 January 2012, 22:13,
Turn your mobile phones off when shopping or be tracked.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...s-too.html

5 January 2012, 11:03,
RE: Turn your mobile phones off when shopping or be tracked.
I worked on the Cabot circus in Bristol when it was being built. I had to do some work in their security room deep within the complex. It was like being in a NASA control room, over three hundred cameras covering every inch of the shopping centre (including the hidden ones in the toilets)
What more could they possibly learn by tracking your mobile movements?
I have a smart phone and many of the apps that are dowloaded stop your phone from 'sleeping' which means it can be tracked at all times even when apparently switched off.
We are in a Big Brother world already but unlike the book or the film, he is not so obvious
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

5 January 2012, 11:05,
In the US of A I believe ( not 100%) that most phones are fitted with GPs tracking chips so the feds can trace the location of phones without triangulating through GPS towers

5 January 2012, 15:45,
NR,

It's not most phones it is msart phones like the iPhone and the HTC devices. We use them for Sat nav. The iPhones certainly record your location at regular intervals and it can be downloaded remotely.

I just avoid Smart Phones for everyday use but they do have their uses.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 January 2012, 15:52,
(5 January 2012, 15:45)Skean Dhude Wrote: NR,

It's not most phones it is msart phones like the iPhone and the HTC devices. We use them for Sat nav. The iPhones certainly record your location at regular intervals and it can be downloaded remotely.

I just avoid Smart Phones for everyday use but they do have their uses.

Thank you kind sir for the enlightenment.

We've got to watch out big Brother is about
better to whisper than to shout,
Who is spying on us I fear to guess
Mabybe the government or P2S Angel

5 January 2012, 15:56,
good job i've got a very old basic Nokia phone and i dont shop in shopping malls(not my kind of place).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 January 2012, 16:26,
Nice little rhyme there NR.

The government now has legal rights to turn on 'known criminal' mobile phones and use it to listen in on their everyday conversations. YES I'm serious!!! They can legally pick up the phones signal, turn the phone on (oh yes they can do that!!!) and listen in on your conversations....if you're a 'known criminal'.

Tracked and bugged! Crazy hu?
5 January 2012, 16:46,
(5 January 2012, 16:26)Scythe13 Wrote: Nice little rhyme there NR.

The government now has legal rights to turn on 'known criminal' mobile phones and use it to listen in on their everyday conversations. YES I'm serious!!! They can legally pick up the phones signal, turn the phone on (oh yes they can do that!!!) and listen in on your conversations....if you're a 'known criminal'.

Tracked and bugged! Crazy hu?

Terrifying to be honest, I hate technology at the best of tim....... Sorry had to put some more coal in the computers boiler ..es

5 January 2012, 16:50,
Not if the batterys out... Plus if your a crimbo up to no good you can just buy a cheap pay as you go from tescos or some such place then throw it once a week or so...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."