Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
power price rish by 50%
12 July 2014, 12:25,
power price rish by 50%
i think this is way out my prices have gone up by more than 50% in the last 7yrs.
in the next 20 more like 200% rise.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2...ional-grid
Survive the jive (youtube )
12 July 2014, 12:47,
RE: power price rish by 50%
in 20 years time your more likely to have been living without power for 10 the way things are going.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 July 2014, 15:34,
with the population of inda and china wanting a more western lifestyle ie car, flatscreen tv , computer , phone ect ect.
where is all the power comming from.
Survive the jive (youtube )
12 July 2014, 16:32,
it isn't(coming from anywhere) that's the whole point.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 July 2014, 09:42,
Where I live in China, we mainly get electricity from coal powered generators, although a huge new nuclear facility coming online sometime soon is apparently going to replace many of the coal powered plants in the province. Our local industrial zone is also powered by a dirty waste incineration plant, which is also going to be replaced by the end of the decade by a new plant using the latest tech to cleanly power most of the city.
I do live in one of the most affluent provinces though, so we can afford to build these new cleaner units. Further inland its pretty much a choice of coal or coal in most areas, although the three gorges dam provides a huge amount of hydro power, while solar has taken off in many small villages in the really way out places.
13 July 2014, 10:59,
"powering Britain": it didn't make the headlines but last month the Cameron regime handed Britain's future energy supply to China on a plate, the communist superpower is to be allowed to design, own and operate our new generation of nuclear power stations despite huge concerns about the implications for national security.
13 July 2014, 14:36,
Yes, I've never worked out why all the western countries are allowing China to take over so much infrastructure and other projects, even though the same would never be allowed in China.

For instance, there has been a lot of Chinese investment in Australia, with Chinese companies being allowed special permission to bring in their own low-paid staff at the expense of higher paid Australians, yet China has a very well enforced law that says foreigners are not allowed to be employed in jobs that can be filled by locals. I've met quite a few highly qualified foreign engineers etc in China who expect to walk into a job here, then see them a few months later, when they're either working as English teachers or leaving the country cos they can't get any decent work.

I'm sure it will all come back to haunt us in the years to come though, when anyone who pays any attention to what is going on will say "I told you so".
13 July 2014, 14:44,
any country that is not in full control of its resources but allows foreign governments and countries to control same in the name of globilisation(and profit) is asking for trouble further down the line.
13 July 2014, 15:43,
Jace, et al

Where I worked near Washington, DC our public works operated a waste-to-energy plant which burned a million tons of municipal solid waste annually and produced 80MW of electricity on a continuing basis. Pollution controls consisted of dry lime scrubbers, electrostatic precipitators and filter fabric baghouses which were effective in removing 99.5% of particulates from the flue gases, as well as reducing nitrous oxides, mercury and dioxins to within the EPA's New Source Performance Standards. The $265 million cost to originally build the plant in the 1980s was paid for by a municipal bond issue. Under the operating permit conditions the electricity was sold to Dominion Resources, operator of the North Anna nuclear power plant, the price per MW/hour being pegged to the current generation cost at North Anna. With the rising costs of electricity and increased depend for power, the bonds were paid off eight years early, and the utility is turning a profit for Convanta Energy Systems, which purchased it from the local government. This has been a very successful example of public-private partnership.

http://www.covanta.com/facilities/facili...irfax.aspx

It can be done.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA