Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheeple in Argyle and Butte
5 January 2012, 19:27,
Sheeple in Argyle and Butte
Did you see the sheeple on the BBC 6Pm news?
The power has been off now on Butte for 3 days, the only open two shops are a Spa and a hardware shop and people are desperately trying to find food to eat and ways to cook it.

Bloke in queue outside Spa " I'm hoping to find some cooked tinned meat because we have no food and no way to cook it"

Another lady saying " we have no food at home and all the shops are shut"

Hardware store is doing a roaring trade in Torches, Batteries, Candles, gas bottles, portable heaters.

People wandering around, cash points out, shops shut, no petrol available, no internet for most.

THREE sodding days and even modern islanders are screwed, so what does that tell you about the mainland sheeple?

5 January 2012, 19:32,
RE: Sheeple in Argyle and Butte
Brought upon by a little bit of wind.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
5 January 2012, 19:45,
I find it astounding that humanity has become so f##king useless. i have no sympathy for those people or anyone else who can't survive comfortably for just three f##king days!
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

5 January 2012, 19:50,
I must confess I would have thought if anyone was prepared then these people would be.

In saying that I suspect that two things are not being considered.
1) It's after Christmas and New Year. Everyone binged more than usual and stocks were artifically depleted.
2) There was probably food there but people wanted things they are used to. I bet that there was food there it's just they want a bit of meat. No beans and chickpeas with sauce for them.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 January 2012, 19:53, (This post was last modified: 5 January 2012, 19:58 by Reality Jones.)
What about the guy having 'no way' of cooking food? sheesh!! light a fire you Dullard, give me strengh!
It's those kind of sheeple that will give me a plentiful supply of meat WTSHTF. Idiots!
I guess it comes down to community, if those people had pooled their resources they may have all been in a better position. one has a cooker that works, one has lots of tinned meat and so on and so on etc

5 January 2012, 20:02,
If ineptitude is so endemic on islands sticking out into the Atlantic, just how bad are the sheeple in the cities with the 24 hour convenience stores to rely on going to be?

5 January 2012, 20:03,
They must of had some turkey left, eveRyones got turky.
5 January 2012, 20:10,
I've still got some mince pies!

5 January 2012, 20:12,
I'll trade for some cherry liquor chocolates.
5 January 2012, 20:14,
Now that's what I call the Barter system working wonderfully! It's a deal !