Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fenix E99 TI Cree Torch
29 October 2014, 21:33,
Fenix E99 TI Cree Torch
I decided to upgrade my EDC torch which is always attached to my keys and get regular use throughout the year, whether its leaving the office after dark or out walking dog at night.

Previously I've been using an LED Lenser K2 which in itself is a really good small LED torch. The only thing I don't like about it are the button batteries which it uses.

So I wanted something equally or preferably brighter, but which operated using standard AA or AAA batteries.

So what I found was the Fenix E99 TI Cree Torch

http://www.heinnie.com/fenix-e99ti-special-edition

Now I know its not cheap, but wow!! what a torch.

The lowest setting (4 lumens) is throwing a little less light that the 3 year old LED Lenser K2, the middle setting (27 Lumens) is far superior than the LED Lenser K2 and the top setting (100 lumens) is just incredible, its like a spot light.

And the fact it operates on a single AAA battery means I've always got spares around, in fact I'm going to add one to my wallet as part of my EDC Wink
30 October 2014, 12:04,
RE: Fenix E99 TI Cree Torch
Good kit Fenix, I have the L2D in my GHB puts my minimag LED to shame.

30 October 2014, 19:33,
I like that. A lot. I think I'll ask Santa for one.
31 October 2014, 11:21,
Nice I always prefer torches on AA or AAA batteries. Not a fan of cr123s at all
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

31 October 2014, 12:37,
All my survival kit such as flashlights, radio receivers etc are now AA and AAA powered but I cannot break the habit yet of carrying a big FO CR123A powered flashlight in my jacket pocket, the long shelf life and long battery use makes me a tad lazy . Smile

31 October 2014, 13:23,
All my other torches are AA/AAA but until now I'd never come across a sufficiently decent enough key ring sized torch which operates on AA/AAA.

Having had this a couple of days now, I am very pleased with it, it's well built and very effective, I just can't get over how much light is being generated from a single AAA battery in a torch smaller than my little finger!